Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Caster correction bushes

jeepmadmike

Now my lift is all fitting and I've been blasting the LC around now I'm very surprised how little the steering has changed.

I've been trying all sorts of manouveres at all sorts of speeds and I can't find any issues so are caster correction bushes necessary?

The only difference I can feel is turn in is a little sharper but it's hardly noticeable? And then it's only if I'm driving it too hard around mini roundabouts but I feel that's more to do with not having an anti roll bar.....

I fitted an OME kit to mine, no Caster correction bushes, i didn't know they existed at the time, i haven't had a problem, only like you pushing it hard on mini roundabouts, or in the wet, mine may be a little more exaggerated because i run it on mud terrains which are rubbish in the wet.

Taken mine fully loaded across the Alps, was just a little twitchy in the wet on the switch backs, and it was heavily loaded with full Overland Kit, roof tent etc.

I've got a 3" suspension lift on my 80. I had OME springs and shockers, with Cooper STT tyres, I've since ditched the springs for Dobinsons, much more comfortable, but I used to have this vagueness :think: with the steering, not exactly wander, but I felt I had to be aware all the time of what the wheels were doing, if you know what I mean. Since fitting CCB's all is well :thumbup: Now while I don't exactly drive it like I stole it ;) I don't hang about and the Cooper muds have never slid, skidded or underperformed in any way, I don't know why others find them rubbish in the wet :confusion-confused:

I think for some reason different vehicles react in different ways, or maybe it's just the drivers :lol:

I think the 80 has a much wider track than the 70 and therefore more stable.

I run my 70 on 235 85 r16 Cooper STT, the track looks very narrow, it looks like it will fall over :D , but i was advised to fit them for two reasons, one being its off road ability would be better, and secondly that tyre size is commonly available abroad, i think it is a standard Land Rover fitment.

JimmyLJ71 said:
and secondly that tyre size is commonly available abroad, i think it is a standard Land Rover fitment.

Its interchangeable with the 7.50xR16 found on Toyota light trucks and buses and Toyota still sell the new landcruiser 71/78/79 series with Dunlop Road Grippers in this size tyre.
I think the Nissan Patrol also uses this size.
Africa and Asia would come to a standstill without 7.50xr16 tyres.

Back