Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Catalytic converter? Hope not!

Hi Rick

My 53 plate V8 has got the same fault. The previous owner had changed one cat and had put on a non toyota lambda sensor on it. This was changed yesterday for a toyota one whilst it was having a cam belt change. Result! I left my mates independant garage, the codes had gone off the dash, I was happy. Crawled in traffic, traffic cleared, gave it a bootful and up came the codes. Oh bother!

I have only had the car since 1/1/13 but the car has been on gas for 2 1/2 years and 55,000 miles. Milage now is 111,000.

Back to the drawing board.

Paul c

Hi Paul

yes that sounds familiar! I've been running around for several months now with the engine warning light on.
As I said earlier, the emissions are fine. I'm presently toying with the idea of an O2 sensor emulator which fools the ecu by providing the signal normally obtained from a properly functioning downstream (after the cat) sensor. I think the emulators are around 60 quid - still a lot cheaper than a car! Does you'd have the O2 sensor with the oval flange like mine? (which means I can't use the spacer)

we'll get there eventually!

regards

Rick

Can't you get a spacer machined up to fit?

Looking at the sensor the probe unscrews from the plate so a spacer should fit in still.

Mind you if your plate is knackered be as well to replace it anyway.

Hi Rick

Took my cruiser back to the garage and had the code read. The code is POO57 Heater circuit low. Anyone know what this means? While in the garage the battery was dissconnected and now the ariel only goes up 3". As you say we will get there.

This was obviously a few years ago but I have the same problem & wondered if either of you found a solution?

cheers
Chris

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back