Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Catch Can

Allan Tadich

Country Flag
australia
I have just purchased a LC 200 2017 model TD 4.5. Can anyone tell me has Toyota rectified the problem of oil from bi pass gases clogging up the manifold. Do you still have to install a catch can as has been in earlier models.

I installed a Provent catch can which sits behind the air filter in a tight area, if you don't run a fuel pre filter you can mount it on the right hand side. l have also semi blocked the EGR with a plate which has a 10 mm hole so as to keep the ECU happy. This helps the Turbo spool up faster. l also have a Patrol ute which has a EGR delete harness and EGR plate which has cleaned up all the contaminets in the oil. l am hoping that some one will make a harness for the 200 and l can totally block the EGR. l was amazed how much the catch can catches , l now regulary drain it where as the patrol l hardly touch it. Taipan also make a catch can to suit the cruiser

I installed a Provent catch can which sits behind the air filter in a tight area, was amazed how much the catch can catches , l now regulary drain it where as the patrol l hardly touch it. Taipan also make a catch can to suit the cruiser
I too installed a provent catch can for my 4.5
after 10,000 kilometers it has caught some oil, but not a huge amount. about three desert spoons full

My model is a 2012 200 series the mates cab chassis l believe was around the same vintage and both of our vehicles need to be drained often. l notice that your vehicle is from 2016 they may have cleaned the breather up and with your particle filter in the exhaust it may well be a cleaner engine . Others with later model knowledge may have more of an answer

Drained approximately 40 mil from mine for the first time, this morning after 23,000 Klm
I have Provent 200 and 2 micron post filter.

Myles

Back