Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Central locking & elec windows failed

NeilM

As title, I have lost power to elec windows and central locking. I assume there are a few common denominators but where should I start looking? Handbook doesn't seen to have a fuse for this (these circuits) so I'm wondering what else may be common.

Prado 1998 model.

Thanks in anticipation

Regards
Neil.

Hi Neil,
I think you already checked your fusebox ...
Check main switch in drivers door panel. Disconnect and clean switch and contacts.
you could also bypass it with a wire so you can check if the problem is in the main switch.
Mine had the same issues, and i bought a new switch at Alibaba for about 18 euro.
problem was solved.

Hi Neil, could also be broken wires in the loom to the drivers door. Try holding down a button that doesn’t work and manipulating the wires in the door hinge area. It’s relatively straightforward to disconnect the rubber gaiter from the door and body and gently expose the wires. Bend them gently back and forth and see if anything happens. You can also see if there are any bad ones.

Good luck with it.

Was the connection from the drivers door to the main loom on our 80 series - big connector behind the drivers kick panel.

Was the connection from the drivers door to the main loom on our 80 series - big connector behind the drivers kick panel.
There often is a connector on the body side that can be worked through the hole towards the hinge area if need be so yes, behind the kick panel would be a good location. I haven’t had to visit it so can’t confirm.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back