Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Central Locking/Electrical Fault

I have found what could potentially be the issue. Its on the passenger side JB the one with the fuse panel on in the footwell. There seems to be a few connectors that are corroded. I have had a look at the wiring diagram and it is connectors '2P'. I need to study/learn how to read the wiring diagram to check where each connection goes to to confirm it is this causing the problems. Typically the problem stopped today. Definitely seems to last a few days after some wet weather the fix itself.

IMG_0884.jpg Screenshot 2020-03-03 at 21.41.05.png

Last edited:
I have found what could potentially be the issue. Its on the passenger side JB the one with the fuse panel on in the footwell. There seems to be a few connectors that are corroded. I have had a look at the wiring diagram and it is connectors '2P'. I need to study/learn how to read the wiring diagram to check where each connection goes to to confirm it is this causing the problems. Typically the problem stopped today. Definitely seems to last a few days after some wet weather the fix itself.

View attachment 164230 View attachment 164232
Well done, I hope you have found the problem,

Evidence of water ingress in that area and in the foot wells is a well known problem with the 100 series, and can cause problems with the fuse board area both sides, there are several reasons for the water ingress, Google 'land cruiser 100 water in foot wells' theres several threads on all the Land Cruiser fourms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, I hope you have found the problem,

Evidence of water ingress in that area and in the foot wells is a well known problem with the 100 series, and can cause problems with the fuse board area both sides, there are several reasons for the water ingress, Google 'land cruiser 100 water in foot wells' theres several threads on all the Land Cruiser fourms.
Yeah it turned out to be a load of leaves/twigs/mud/dirt blocking the drainage channel on the top corner of the engine bay just below the windscreen. This was causing the water to build and leak down into the passenger side. Cleaned up yesterday and cleaned out the connector block and so far so good. Its chucked it down all day so fingers crossed that's the leak sorted! And my central locking seems to be working 100%. Time will tell but I think that's problem sorted. Cheers for the help :thumbup:

Yeah it turned out to be a load of leaves/twigs/mud/dirt blocking the drainage channel on the top corner of the engine bay just below the windscreen. This was causing the water to build and leak down into the passenger side. Cleaned up yesterday and cleaned out the connector block and so far so good. Its chucked it down all day so fingers crossed that's the leak sorted! And my central locking seems to be working 100%. Time will tell but I think that's problem sorted. Cheers for the help :thumbup:
Just a follow up, Is your Central Locking still behaving it's self? :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back