Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Changing batteries

Hutton

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
Is it a straightforward job to replace the batteries on the 100 series or do you lose more than the adjustable seat memory?

Is it a straightforward job to replace the batteries on the 100 series or do you lose more than the adjustable seat memory?
If it's a Diesel it has two batteries, so just change one at a time if your worried.:)

In other words, it's very straightforward :thumbup::thumbup:

I was worried that I might lose the radio. I have the original setup and presume there is no codes. However, if it’s just unbolting both old batteries and bolting in new ones that’s great.

I was worried that I might lose the radio. I have the original setup and presume there is no codes. However, if it’s just unbolting both old batteries and bolting in new ones that’s great.
Like I say, just do one then the other, not both at the same time, this way you will definitely not have any probs. I.E remove one then fit a new one and bold it up, then the same with the other, you won't loose anything that way.

Get the picture :thumbup:

Like I say, just do one then the other, not both at the same time, this way you will definitely not have any probs. I.E remove one then fit a new one and bold it up, then the same with the other, you won't loose anything that way.

Get the picture :thumbup:
I’ve got you my friend. As always many thanks. Starting has been a wee bit sluggish in the cold weather so I think the batteries may be starting to struggle. They are the same batteries that were in the Cruiser when I got her three years ago so I don’t know how old they are. Thanks again.

Last edited:
I’ve got you my friend. As always many thanks. Starting has been a wee bit sluggish in the cold weather so I think the batteries may be starting to struggle. They are the same batteries that were in the Cruiser when I got her three years so I don’t know how old they are.
Exactly the same situation I was in a few years ago, I also bought an Optimate to keep my bat's in condition, as I don't use my 100 a great deal, and as you know doing nothing and cold weather are the worst for batteries.

I fitted Varta a G8 & a G7.

Good Luck.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the recommendation re batteries. I was wondering about getting Toyota batteries but if the Varta batteries are ok I may give them a go. The Cruiser is my only vehicle so I have to be kind to her.

Thanks for the recommendation re batteries. I was wondering about getting Toyota batteries but if the Varta batteries are ok I may give them a go. The Cruiser is my only vehicle so I have to be kind to her.
This is my set up, thie pic's of the batteries are looking from the front.

IMG_1794.jpg Left.jpg Right.jpg IMG_1797.jpg

Back