Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Chassis rot

theboocrew

Gutted! I was investigating a squeak that has appeared today when I found a rusty hole in the chassis near the anti roll bar link mounting on the off side rear. I am really not happy, anyone else had rust there and is there any other likely places that I should be looking at?. My 1990 Hilux chassis is still rot free and I have never touched it!

Mine went on the top rear shock mounts. I think they are concave on a 90 and hold the much. Convex on the 120 I have now. And a real pain to repair. Also the rear cross member, although not easy to see with rear bumper in place, and the cross member infront of the petrol tank, which of course has to come out to weld up. I posted some pics at http://www.tlocuk.co.uk/forums/viewtopi ... light=rust. That car got a lot of off road use and I pretty much never washed it underneath. I have learned my lesson!

New Member!
My 2001 Colorado just failed its MOT on rear chassis rot right at the back. I have owned it for 10 years with no issues, I have no idea what has happened in the last 12 moths to cause it, the front looks very clean with most of its original paint. 238k miles

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Search your local gumtree for welder mot repair .

Back