Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

chassis

dave smith

Country Flag
england
Has anyone got a drawing for a lwb 70 chassis including dimensions? PDF file would be ok I am wondering if I could use one on my Hilux project. I love the Hilux and the 70 But I can't drive them both at the same time! I'm sure you can see where I'm going here!

I know for a fact that the drawings and measurements you require are in one of the factory service manuals. :dance:

Cant remember exactly which one, and my copies are currently in Singapore, waiting to go on the next ship to Melbourne. :doh:

Maybe Roger can give you the information you require from his copies. :think:

Your welcome to have copies of all the PDF FSM I've got, but I'm not sure if its got the information on chassis's, but it might have.

PM me your email address and I will send them across. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I'd love to have the skills to do that but i reckon i'd need to start with a custom made chassis to fit all the parts i'd want .

Jeep-NuKizer-concept-photo-courtesy-of-Chrysler-Media1.jpg

Something like this with 80 series axles and a widened 40 series front end bodywork.

Last edited:
Dave.

I assume you are thinking about fitting a Hi-Lux body onto a, hopefully, suitable coil sprung chassis? If so, then the longest wheelbase chassis that is shown in the manual is the 73 series but it does not show what that wheelbase is. Does anyone have that info?

Roger

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back