Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

cheap fuel

Due to the crash in oil prices and the drop off in fuel use due to the lockdown no doubt. Might be worth filling a few jerry cans if you have them in anticipation of the return to "normal" pricing when its all over.

How long before we see queues on the forecourt with this like we've seen in other situations ?

Can’t really see fuel supply being a problem. There’s currently a glut of cheap fuel, stations have an exception to stay open and traffic, hence fuel usage, is down maybe 60-70%.

I imagine it more about keeping supply links open and ticking over , i wonder if they are contracted to purchase not less than whatever monthly ?

Agree there Towpack with reduced usage.As long as refineries keep fully staffed ok. If companies decide to reduce workers, output is reduced. Once the panickers get wind and start filling up and stockpiling, others think there is something going on and that glut quickly disappears.
When you look at the situation with supermarkets etc, there are no production and delivery issues there, it is the panickers and grabbers that create a situation that isn't there.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Agree there Towpack with reduced usage.As long as refineries keep fully staffed ok. If companies decide to reduce workers, output is reduced. Once the panickers get wind and start filling up and stockpiling, others think there is something going on and that glut quickly disappears.
When you look at the situation with supermarkets etc, there are no production and delivery issues there, it is the panickers and grabbers that create a situation that isn't there.
Your right, it only takes one not so bright spark to ignite the keg.

Riding the fuel market. Hold off chaps if we buy now the price might go through the floor knowing our luck.

I did post on another thread that I know for a fact the Total refinery has gone into 50% production

I seem to remember after the fuel shortages a few ago caused by truck drivers blockading refineries, additional bulk storage facilities for refined fuels were setup to provide extra resilience against shortages. I guess if all storage is full and fuel isn’t being used at the normal rate then they have no choice but to cut production.

with this cheap fuel to bad you can't go anywhere with all the borders closed...
In Luxembourg diesel is 0.90 Euro/l...

€0.8 here, I've got a 1000km range with what I have and no where to go

Down to AU$1.28 for diesel and $1.31 for 95 octane petrol, so £0.65/litre ish. Means filling the 80 isn't as eye watering, saves about $20-30 a fill compared to normal and as a cost per km puts it at about the same as the long term average in the 4Runner.

we're the equivalent to about half that here in the states... Really and truly though, gas prices should be substantially lower at current crude prices.

Now even cheaper than last night:
90585463_3097091210336839_1268089622424977408_o.jpg

Anyone on here run LPG? half the price of both Petrol and Diesel. Have used before on 4x4 petrol vehicles but not sure about diesel. Could be a good time to get a good conversion deal £

Central heating oil is as cheap as its been for a while at 39p/litre. just ordered 2500 litres to top up for the foreseable future, just watch it fall to 35p next week.

I'm hearing my red diesel is down to about half price , but if my boat leaves the harbour its not allowed to return :violin:

Aren’t they looking at banning the use of red diesel for boats or maybe it’s just pleasure craft?

Why should pleasure crafts use it they are leisure time hobby people , but then hundreds of millions have been spent in the past few decades so these luvvies can park their ornaments in a pretty place . Ask someone who works the sea has he ever seen a ladder repaired on the commercial side of the docks and i'm pretty sure he will say no .

Back