Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cheapest diesel night heater on eBay test / review

Been having fun this weekend putting the heater in a case. Sooo close to firing up but need some work tomorrow to get the air ducting hole cut.

Here's some pics. Which are back to front Doh. Been quite tricky I have to say and couldn't have done it with a comprehensive workshop! I've had to spin quite a few bits up in the lathe. Exhaust is now connected after a mighty struggle. One more hole and then small notch for the cables and we're done. The fuel is connected through the case wall and into the tank so it's all completely integrated. I have made a reducer so it will run 60mm ducting not 75mm. I just figure it's going to save space and money. Have you seen the price of ducting!!!

Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 20.18.15.jpg
Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 20.17.28.jpg
Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 20.17.43.jpg
Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 20.17.50.jpg
Screenshot 2019-02-10 at 20.18.01.jpg

All done. Working a treat. Camping in March so it will get a trip out

OK so parts arriving daily. I already have my Peli case to put it in but ordered some other bits and bobs.
The heater is flipping fantastic but does take a while to fire up and then cool down, but it's OK.

The fuel tank came with no holes in and a small tap fitting intended to go through the wall and be secured with a gland on the outside. Fine as long as you have a nano-bot that is small enough to go inside the tank and pass the fitting through. I contacted the seller via e bay and they've said sorry about that, here's £10 back for your trouble!! Ta.

May case isn't big enough to get the 10L tank inside so it can go on the back of the case unless I put a small tank inside somewhere. I'd rather keep the heat away from the fuel tbh.

What model of Peli case did you go with Chris?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Not a clue Lorin. Had it for years. Bought it in an army surplus shop for £50. It doesn't say on the case.

Back