Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Classy member

Josh Tagg

Country Flag
uk
A new addition to the fleet arrived today, it's very green so the tree huggers will be happy. Pure 80s Mercedes it's lovely, 4 litre v8, electric seats, pillarless coupe. 47000 miles from new with 2 owners. All original tool kit, first aid kit, car cover and books complete. Not been on the road for 10 year but it's in very good condition, had it on the ramp and found hardly any rust anywhere. Going to pull the fuel out and hopefully get it running in next week.

20190223_154826.jpg 20190223_152428.jpg 20190223_155205.jpg

Well done. Amazing colour scheme and interior.

Will keep my eyes peeled for it on the streets of Sheffield ...

Nice, though I wouldn’t mind betting the AC cannot be regassed due to zero availability and zero replacements. Depends on the refrigerant of course.

Last f the true bulletproof era of Mercedes models made. Have a soft spot for these always. Congratulations on a stunning motor. Josh :thumbup:

When cars were cars...
Ems uncle used to have one in the same colour.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I had the chance to buy a 350 SL of the same era. A couple of years younger but it had spent much of its life in a garage by the sea. It would have been too much work and too much time and too much money. My neighbor knows mercs of that era. I’ll mention it to him.

Lovely, I'm almost as green as the car

After a few fuel issues we've finally got her running on all 8 cylinders. Took the fuel metering unit to pieces (running the Bosch k Jetronic system) which was full of shite and seals were all hard. So bought a repair kit and got that fitted, then ran on 7 cylinders so a big improvement on before. So cylinder 8 just didn't seem to be firing, could pull the lead off and didn't make a difference. Plug sparking and fuel there, only thing we could think is the injector was spraying properly. So ordered a full set off injectors and put them in yesterday, sounds a dream! Little bit rich but just needs a fettle. Dads going to mot it tomorrow so should be on the road soon. We've also rebuilt all the brakes.

Milage really racking up now I've used it a couple of times for work.....

IMG_20190620_060653.jpg

Back