Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clive's HZJ80

It wasn’t leaking at all Dervis, until I loosened the little bleed tap in the center of it, then found I couldn’t stop diesel from coming out of the tap’s tube, when I re-tightened it.

There’s no leak from the plastic assembly, or where it screws to the filter can.

If you unscrew the tap right out, it has an O ring on it that looks permanently “depressed” on the face where it contacts the hole supplying diesel from the filter in the plastic assy, and I don’t have a replacement O ring the right size.

Not to worry, its not leaking with my bodge-job and I’ll get it to service next week for them to sort out.

I’d replace the whole plastic assy if needs be, and if there’s any change from selling a kidney.

Otherwise, it might cost me the price of an O ring.

Cheers
Mine did that when i changed the filter. stopped dripping after a bit. take a piccy of the o ring replacement please Clive (with measurements) so i can find one myself, ta :)

Mine did that when i changed the filter. stopped dripping after a bit. take a piccy of the o ring replacement please Clive (with measurements) so i can find one myself, ta :)

Ok, will do... I guess it has a part number...

Biggest puzzler is my alternator ATM...

Bit of an update, if you can call it that.

Tonight, with not so much as a please or thank you, both warning lights went out. :icon-rolleyes:

Not sure whether to be pleased or not :lol:

I think the white plastic assy on the bottom of the fuel filter should be replaced, I think its that that’s triggering both warning lights... :think:

Bit of an update, if you can call it that.

Tonight, with not so much as a please or thank you, both warning lights went out. :icon-rolleyes:

Not sure whether to be pleased or not :lol:

I think the white plastic assy on the bottom of the fuel filter should be replaced, I think its that that’s triggering both warning lights... :think:
Before jumping to that particular conclusion Clive it might be a good idea to run with the connector parted and see. I'm pretty sure it won't bring up the alternator light if the float shows as being triggered (when connected and faulty ifvyou see what I mean).

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Before jumping to that particular conclusion Clive it might be a good idea to run with the connector parted and see. I'm pretty sure it won't bring up the alternator light if the float shows as being triggered.

You mean the two wire connector to that white plastic part Rich?

It might have to wait till the weekend, too dark am/pm but I’ll give it a go Rich.

So the orange light should come on with the connector pulled, yes?

It might have to wait till the weekend, too dark am/pm but I’ll give it a go Rich.

So the orange light should come on with the connector pulled, yes?
I think not Clive. I think it should only come on if you bridge the two contacts on the loom side with a paper clip or piece of wire. That shouldn't normally bring the alternator light on but if it does then you're on to something.

I think not Clive. I think it should only come on if you bridge the two contacts on the loom side with a paper clip or piece of wire. That shouldn't normally bring the alternator light on but if it does then you're on to something.

Ah, now I understand mate.

Sorry, it takes some time for the penny to drop, these days... :whistle:

Keep forgetting to update this:

Last oil change at 411k kms, oil, air and fuel filters.

Front brake pads and front anti-roll bar ball joints

Last edited:
ITP (MOT) today....

:dance:

Only two advisories:

(i) rear left brake at the low limit of efficiency on the foot brake, (handbrake ok); and
(ii) rust encroaching the front body mount, RHS, so a bit of welding needed there.

Alive for another 12 months, sadly the ITP has changed from every 2 years to every year, like the UK.

ITP (MOT) today....

:dance:

Only two advisories:

(i) rear left brake at the low limit of efficiency on the foot brake, (handbrake ok); and
(ii) rust encroaching the front body mount, RHS, so a bit of welding needed there.

Alive for another 12 months, sadly the ITP has changed from every 2 years to every year, like the UK.

Not a bad result there Clive......over here its every 3 years for non commercial vehicles. Mines coming up again this year....but their not very strict here at all nothing on par with E.U countries.

Not a bad result there Clive......over here its every 3 years for non commercial vehicles. Mines coming up again this year....but their not very strict here at all nothing on par with E.U countries.

I don’t think it’s as strict here as it may be in the UK, but they do test the brakes on a rolling device, individually for each wheel, a big pry-bar check of all mounting rubbers and a thorough check of all ball joints on the steering.

He didn’t give an advisory, but he thought there was too much play in the steering box, so I’ll see if my workshop guys can pinch the adjuster up a bit.

I don’t think it’s as strict here as it may be in the UK, but they do test the brakes on a rolling device, individually for each wheel, a big pry-bar check of all mounting rubbers and a thorough check of all ball joints on the steering.

He didn’t give an advisory, but he thought there was too much play in the steering box, so I’ll see if my workshop guys can pinch the adjuster up a bit.

They don't even do that here Clive, just an outside inspection with a emissions test at the tyre shop before with paper work and sometimes checking the vin number. Never have a worry of it not going through thankfully.

Not happy.

The anti-diesel bug has hit Bucharest, in fact the anti-non Euro 6 brigade has decided that from next year, nothing less thanEuro 4 or 5 emissions (they haven’t decided which yet) will be allowed in the city between 6am and 10pm. :icon-cry:

That means I’ll have to leave the apartment at 10pm on a Friday night (to go to the house) and won’t be able to return to the apartment till 10pm on Sundays.

For the whole week in between the truck will have to stay parked up and I’ll have to drive to work in a stupid little car! :angry-screaming:

Not happy.

Not happy.

The anti-diesel bug has hit Bucharest, in fact the anti-non Euro 6 brigade has decided that from next year, nothing less thanEuro 4 or 5 emissions (they haven’t decided which yet) will be allowed in the city between 6am and 10pm. :icon-cry:

That means I’ll have to leave the apartment at 10pm on a Friday night (to go to the house) and won’t be able to return to the apartment till 10pm on Sundays.

For the whole week in between the truck will have to stay parked up and I’ll have to drive to work in a stupid little car! :angry-screaming:

Not happy.

That’s surely crazy for if you live there and have done so for many years you should be exempt Clive. Check the small print because there much be exclusions as you must have your rights. I can only imagine a lot of complaints worth getttig a petition going not giving concent.

That’s surely crazy for if you live there and have done so for many years you should be exempt Clive. Check the small print because there much be exclusions as you must have your rights. I can only imagine a lot of complaints worth getttig a petition going not giving concent.

You’ve a good point there Dervis, I’ll look into that.

I don’t even know what the truck is, but I’ll be lucky if it’s Euro 1 even.

It’s an idea in front of parliament ATM and nobody knows what they’re doing or how to police it. Talk of the RAR (national Registration Office) issuing stickers for Euro 5 & 6 vehicles.

Another option is to take the seats out and register it as utility but I use the 7 seats a lot, so it won’t work for me.

Then there’s after-market mods to reduce particulates to explore, filters, converters, what have you.

It’s all a ball-ache I could do without, that’s for sure.

How about a petrol V8 conversion ... :?:think:

Veg oil?

Probably doesn’t feature on the paperwork.

Does this apply to all vehicles or just commercial vehicles as London’s LEZ does?

Back