Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clutch Adjust ?

Shayne

Guru
I can adust pedal height i know but i was playing with it because the clutch doesn't fully disengage until its right to the floor , a minor nuisance but one i'd like to fix if possible and i knew how ?

hope this helps.
do you have a clutch booster and does it work? no vacuumleaks?
upload_2019-8-13_18-11-7.png

upload_2019-8-13_18-9-53.png

upload_2019-8-13_18-10-43.png

Cheers Firewout i have no idea if i have a clutch booster but looking at your troubleshooting guide i'd say its a problem to look at next year .

Shayne if you have the 24 valve engine you don't have the servo booster but a none adjustable spring booster under the dash by the clutch pedal. First thing to do is bleed the clutch. The reservoir is too small really for bleeding and it's very easy to run it dry and suck air again.

OK cheers Frank , i daren't mess things up now as we set out for Romania at the end of this week so is it worth asking a garage to do it ?

Actually how hard can it be , there must be a bleed nipple under her somewhere i assume . Things are not going well , i threw 15 quid in the bin today coz the mrs couldn't spare 30 seconds to hold it for me so i could see where it needed to go :icon-neutral:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
There's a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder. Ideally you need 3 people. One to pump the pedal, one to hold and control the bleed nipple and another to keep topping up the reservoir. I kept running the reservoir dry and sucking air thus going round in circles.

IIRC, the clutch on mine virtually self bled, the master is at a level above the slave and there’s no ups and downs in the system.
If the clutch disengages, I’d suggest there was no air in the system.

Shayne
Did you sort this problem out on your truck, as this new one I have the clutch only works ok when it is at the bottom of it's travel

I didn't David , there was some peculiar behavior from my clutch once or twice in Romania but i've not thought about it since so i guess i just got used to it .

Supergran just said shes too short to push it all the way to the floor which is where it needs to be for a smooth change :think:

I'm not so tall but I can do it just

Back