1. Shayne

Shayne Well-Known Member Guru

Map
    I can adust pedal height i know but i was playing with it because the clutch doesn't fully disengage until its right to the floor , a minor nuisance but one i'd like to fix if possible and i knew how ?

2. Firewout

Firewout Well-Known Member I am in belgium

Garage:
    Map
    hope this helps.
    do you have a clutch booster and does it work? no vacuumleaks?
    upload_2019-8-13_18-11-7.png
    upload_2019-8-13_18-9-53.png
    upload_2019-8-13_18-10-43.png

Shayne likes this.
  3. Shayne

Map
    Cheers Firewout i have no idea if i have a clutch booster but looking at your troubleshooting guide i'd say its a problem to look at next year .

clivehorridge likes this.
  4. frank rabbets

frank rabbets Well-Known Member

Map
    Shayne if you have the 24 valve engine you don't have the servo booster but a none adjustable spring booster under the dash by the clutch pedal. First thing to do is bleed the clutch. The reservoir is too small really for bleeding and it's very easy to run it dry and suck air again.

Firewout likes this.
  5. Shayne

Map
    OK cheers Frank , i daren't mess things up now as we set out for Romania at the end of this week so is it worth asking a garage to do it ?

6. Shayne

Map
    Actually how hard can it be , there must be a bleed nipple under her somewhere i assume . Things are not going well , i threw 15 quid in the bin today coz the mrs couldn't spare 30 seconds to hold it for me so i could see where it needed to go :icon-neutral:

7. frank rabbets

frank rabbets Well-Known Member

Map
    There's a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder. Ideally you need 3 people. One to pump the pedal, one to hold and control the bleed nipple and another to keep topping up the reservoir. I kept running the reservoir dry and sucking air thus going round in circles.

8. clivehorridge

clivehorridge Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in romania

Garage:
    Map
    IIRC, the clutch on mine virtually self bled, the master is at a level above the slave and there’s no ups and downs in the system.
    If the clutch disengages, I’d suggest there was no air in the system.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter