Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Clutch

Chris Green90

Garage
Country Flag
england
Hi guys. A little advice if you don't mind. I had my clutch changed about 3 years ago.

Recently, Now and again in 4th and 5th only (I Think) it seems to be slipping. I will be cruising along and put my foot down to spped up or pass someone and it will rev right up but gain no speed. if i back off the throttle and then press on again all seems to be fine. Do we think it time for a new clutch or could it be something else???

Cheers
Chris

Symptoms seem right for a dead clutch, but I'm surprised it's gone so soon. I'm still on the original 16yo clutch at 146k

you will get it worse in higher gears so does sound like its something like that, could just be a sticking clutch plate, lever, cylinder etc so make sure there is not load on the clutch fork before you get too carried away, if you can get to it

My landrover did that and it was adjustment on the master cylinder. I am not sure on the land cruisers may be worth a look as its a lot cheaper then changing the clutch.

You can adjust the pedal height just behind the pedal . It prob shouldn't but doing this gave me just enough bite to get me home before my clutch died altogether . Worth a try maybe ?

You can adjust the pedal height just behind the pedal . It prob shouldn't but doing this gave me just enough bite to get me home before my clutch died altogether . Worth a try maybe ?

Hey shayne. Nice to see you back. Hope the fishing was good.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Probably should have updated this after lincomb. Clutch died completely whilst there. Its all stripped down and cleaned off now ready to go to the menders

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Back