Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Colorado 3" lift

dave smith

Country Flag
england
I have noticed that milners are selling 3" suspension lift kits for Colorados. I know that LC 80 front springs and 80 rear shockers give a 3" lift to the rear but what struts and springs will have the same effect on the front? would LC 100 parts do the job? at a guess the struts might but what springs?

Just checked that Kit out, not much to it really.

Yes you're right regarding the rear. Not too sure on the front. Anyway, it's worth mentioning that a 3 inch lift on the front is pushing it for the CV's unless you plan on dropping the Diff to compensate for this. Hence why most lifts are around that 2 - 2 1/2 inch area. Kits after generally have diff drop supplements to go with the actual lift.

In 2 years on this forum I have only read about one collie with a blown front diff and iirc he had "dropped the diff" . From what I gather nobody supplies a kit that actually lowers the diff so those that have done it use spacers to sort of tilt it a bit reducing angles slightly . This must alter where the oil sits but make up your own mind whether or not it's all related ?

i have a 2" suspension lift and a 40mm body lift , my 285/75's don't look big enough anymore but Pete Bells kindly warning that stopping distances in his 90 when he had 35" tyres on it weren't fun makes me hesitate to go for bigger rubber .

After a little research it appears that the 100 series are a torsion bar set up at the front just like surfs and later hilux's so that rules that one out! I am sure that a company like milner wont have had this kit made especially as the demand is not really that high, so they must be off something else and off the peg so to speak.
any ideas? or should I use 35mm strut spacers and drop the diff by 1".

Back