Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Colorado battery tray

BIG clean GREEN

Garage
I'm not in any hurry, but I'm considering putting a second battery in my prado so I'll be needing the 2nd battery tray if you know of one any where !

Cheers,

Hi, Nick.
I thought the other battery tray on the Prado/Colorado was already welded into the nearside inner wing behind the headlight. If it is ,you will only need the locking bracket and all the wiring to fit. I will try and get some pics and show you what I mean.

Steve

No, it's not. It's just the bare wing. All the gubbins is required.

Chris

Fiery's got her one :?

Best photo I have, but you can clearly see it under the relay with the yellow cable :think:

P6050141.jpg

Sorry Steve. You can clearly see what? A battery tray? Big flat plastic thing that a battery stands on? Where? All I can see is the inner wing.

There is a place for the battery - but it's just that. A place. Nick needs all the fittings, tray etc. When I did LB I had to make it all up from scratch too. There are a couple of threaded bolt holes but that's all.

Chris

I used the tray and clamp fittings from a mates Subaru forester I was scrapping last year - fitted perfectly in that space

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Ah, sorry I thought when you said
Chris said:
No, it's not. It's just the bare wing. All the gubbins is required
That he was missing this bit that is welded to the top of the inner wing
P1010177.jpg

P1010178.jpg

and the threaded hole on the slam panel for the front of the top clamp
P1010182.jpg

But you be talking about these bits then
P1010180.jpg

Same bits as above, but plastic tray up the other way showing spigots
P1010181.jpg

Piccy of plastic tray slotted into place on top of metal support shelf
P1010179.jpg

The photos above of my inner wing are all of my near side wing where a second battery would be if you have one, but I don't :( The piccys of the tray & clamp are all from my main & only battery on top of the off side wing (that I happen to have off @ this moment in time).

Piccy of my main/only battery on the drivers side
P1010176.jpg

If you do have the matal shelf on top of the inner wing then the battery will sit fine on top of it without the plastic tray & you can buy generic clamps from Vehicle Wiring Products for about a fiver :thumbup:

Yes, I was AND he needs the bit welded to the top of the wing. Your first pic didn't really show what you were pointing at if I'm honest. LB didn't have that either. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, not a fnurking sausage. Just a wing.

Odd that.

Chris

What Nick means is:

Once I get the bits, Chris, what time shall I come round on Sunday?

:lol: :lol:

Chris' Autoservices

Mmmm...just had a look @ ToyoDiy, they don't list the metal shelf as a separate body panel :!: But you can buy a whole new inner wing with it fitted as an option :shock: :shock: :shock: :|

53702 APRON SUB-ASSY, FRONT FENDER, LH
53702-6A071 W(BATTERY CARRIER) 1 € 476.42
53702-6A072 (01/1998 - 05/1999) 1 € 433.81
53702-6A081 (08/1996 - 12/1997) 1 € 366.46

They also list the other parts as well, but...........£££££ :shock:

Yea right O Steve :lol:

I'll probably end up having to find someone whose handy with a welder to knock something up, but where would I find such a person Mmmm let me think :think: :think: :think:

Chris' Autoservices

Closed for staff training

Have you spoken with Karl or Steff :?: I know that Steff is breaking a Red, SWB Collie that may have what you are after :)

Back