Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Comarnic - Romania - 2019

As much as we'd like to have come along again this year Clive, me and George are just in the process of buying a house so spare time and money has been taken up. Will aim for next year though :thumbup:

As much as we'd like to have come along again this year Clive, me and George are just in the process of buying a house so spare time and money has been taken up. Will aim for next year though :thumbup:

Well Josh, you know you both are always welcome here (anytime).
I feel for you guys setting up home, it’s exciting but bloody hard work and stressful. I wish you both the best of luck and stamina!

Do the folk who have been before have a preferred route. Or is it a case of Bang it in the Sat Nav and go.. Quickest route etc!...Clare wants time in Germany, Brushing up on another bleeding Language...:thumbup:

Do the folk who have been before have a preferred route. Or is it a case of Bang it in the Sat Nav and go.. Quickest route etc!...Clare wants time in Germany, Brushing up on another bleeding Language...:thumbup:
I started off my trips to Clive's by Bang it in the Sat Nav and go
On my last visit I went an alternative route missing out Germany and Austria somewhere along that route I also went through Hungary, Luxemberg, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, Serbia, Romania - Comarnic.
It took me 1 day longer but there was beautiful scenery through Switzerland and Italy.

Last edited:
Thanks Chaz.. The quickest /Shortest route on the AA route finder and my Tom Tom seem to go through some pretty amazing Places.. Thanks

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
beautiful scenery through Switzerland and Italy
Luxemberg, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, Serbia, Romania - Comarnic
Switzerland and Italy twice eh? :think:
Are you sure your sat nav wasn’t involved Chas, knowing how it hates you?
:lol:

Tried that Higgy and truth is it doesn't work , half the campsites in your satnav are now supermarkets or roads or simply shut when you arrive for no apparent reason , not fun when you have been driving since morning and the night is falling .

I planned a route for the 2017 trip which seemed to keep everyone happy and i will likely use it again , it includes a campsite in Germany all enjoyed on every visit . Though personally i think returning using the same plan in reverse could be improved upon .

Cheers Shayne, Plenty to think about,Clare doesnt break up till 24th July.. We dont know when to even plan anything yet.. To be fair i hate Planning.

Switzerland and Italy twice eh? :think:
Are you sure your sat nav wasn’t involved Chas, knowing how it hates you?
:lol:
My bad punctuation Rich, there should have been a comma after the first Switzerland and Italy.

Can’t help you there Higgy, I’ve never driven it.

I had a hare-brained plan in my head to drive to the UK this year, but the wife has limited hols so unless I come on my own... :think:

I had a hare-brained plan in my head to drive to the UK this year, but the wife has limited hols so unless I come on my own... :think:
Do it Clive, do it.
Holidays.jpg

Alone you would do it for fun Clive , its 24 hours is all and i know your well up for that , we try to make the journey part of the holiday so we don't push as hard as we might , whats the point in arriving tired and miserable .

The return trip is often quicker because the mindset is different , i think possibly we were from yours to the UK in 2 days that first time because Ram didn't want to stop so we ended up sleeping at the side of the road despite having my camper trailer in tow .

It’s all a bit of a contradiction ATM, I have more time available from work, with the intention of spending more time with the family...

But the family’s in work or school...

So it seems like I’m considering being away from the family for 2 weeks to go to the UK alone...

Doesn’t add up somehow...:angry-screaming:

I hear you Clive its the same for me with her working nights , we only actually see each other at weekends so while she says "go do what you want" it just don't feel right . Same with holidays her free time is more valuable than mine , and that comes from me not her .

I hear you Clive its the same for me with her working nights , we only actually see each other at weekends so while she says "go do what you want" it just don't feel right . Same with holidays her free time is more valuable than mine , and that comes from me not her .
Agree Shayne.. For some reason i never feel at ease down the workshop if the missus is at home.. Feel guilty for some reason.. we dont see each other much, So time should be together.. Not with my head stuck round an 80 series Chassis.. Saying that 9 times out of 10 when i come home shes watching telly stuffing crisps in her mouth.

Well, we’ve got one absolute definite, Nick + 1 just confirmed their Chunnel booking, so is there any news on other takers?

Not urgent for us to know, but we live in hope... for a few more... :lol:

Back