Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Combination meter/ Instrument panel fault

4 Paw Drive

Country Flag
scotland
Hi,

As usual, looking for some assistance. HDJ 100, 2001 4.2 diesel automatic.

The speedometer started fluctuating a little recently, after reading up a little applied a little pressure to the left hand side of the combination mete/ Instrument panel and this settled it for a slight time. So thinking that the plug noted as C15 to Connector A had come a little loose, I disconnected the panel and went to investigate. Couldn't find anything glaringly obvious so put it all back together and went for a spin.

Now, I don't only have a speedometer the odometer's gone and also the fuel gauge has packed up! is there something that may have fused that takes care of all these items or have a got a needle in a haystack job in pinpointing whats gone awry?

Any pointers, as usual, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

4 Paw Drive

Check plug to alternator and ground strap to engine. Those are two of the obscure causes for gauges and warning lights to go haywire.

I don’t know the exact item you describe but if it’s a flexi circuit board on the back, check for breaks in the tracks where it bends and look for corrosion which can be removed with fine wet ‘n’ dry or sometimes an ink rubber. Generic info I’m afraid but hope it helps. You may need a magnifier on those tracks. Look for broken (dry) solder joints too.

Thanks for the replies, it'll be next week before i get chance to have a look at it again.

I''ll post any outcomes from initial investigation.

Thanks again

4 Paw Drive

Back