Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Comfortable Pillows

Olazz

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Has any one found a solution to the crappy inflatable or compressible pillows to use whilst camping?

I have tried quite a few and they are all rather poor! Short of carrying a proper house-pillow, what else is there on the market? I can't be the only one who finds these camping pillows wholly unsatisfactory.

Oh and I don't want to fold up various bits of clothing in a pillow case, nor do I want a neck pillow for airline/car travel.

Any ideas out there??

I had the same concerns, so it's a house pillow x2 stored in the roof tent.

Yup - proper feather pillows coz they squish down really flat and can stay in the tent when packed :)

We use memory foam "tempur" brand small pillows. Comfy and take up little room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

x2 Andy, but found these small ones to be a bit on the "small" size, but very comfy. I have had in the past had a camping pillow smaller than a standard pillow but still a usable size and filled with small polystyrene beads. sounds strange and when I used it it was most uncomfortable, - not enough "give" in it, opened up a hole in seam and poured some out (guess) restitched, result, fantastic, light and not too bulky.

John

We've just returned from 8 weeks in the bush and I can report that the pillows we bought were absolutely first class.

Ended up buying 2x Thermarest compressible pillows (XL). Lightweight to carry, extremely comfortable, didn't get hot and clammy in 40º+ heat and humidity, dry extremely quickly if wet (rainy season) and expand enough to be able to support ones head and neck whilst lying down enabling comfortable reading.

If you want a "home style Pillow" you can't go wrong with these!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'll check those out Lazz as pillows are my nemesis. Handy to see in a vid too, but jeez 3 minutes to say 'It's a pillow available in 3 sizes and a range of colours. Some people just don't understand brevity.

Mmmnnn, sleeeep.

Now crack on with that write up....

I thought sleeping bags were a luxury for you chris.

Go boil yer head. I also forgot the pillows.

I use these - much more comfortable and more fun....
7-of-9-star-trek-voyager-17781163-600-480.jpg

mmmmmmmmm

I'll get me coat

Sorry

Proper home pillows of the feather type win every time, they compress down really well. As I spend much of year in hotels I always take my own pillow.

Back