Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Compass reset

jackie-0

Country Flag
sweden
Hi all,

I´m a new, happy owner of a 2002 Prado 3.4 V6.

Only minor issue is that the compass on the dash only shows all directions as north.

Is there any way to do a simple reset of the compass or does it require more complicated work?

Happy for any advice!

cheers

Someone will give you the way to do it properly, but the quick answer is that don't worry, it's easy. You have to press something and drive around in circle a couple of times in an Ikea car park and it will sort itself out. No clever nonsense necessary.

What Chris said really. If I remember, it's a case of holding down the two buttons on the front simultaneously until the compass flashes, and then driving a figure of eight. It usually orientates without having to do the figure of eight though I have found.

And they all thought Columbus was drunk when he used the buttons .

Pic will probably be giant sized, but nevertheless here goes

Attachments

• C836F944-4E5D-4F92-9967-A482652A7898.png
    C836F944-4E5D-4F92-9967-A482652A7898.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 149
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Nice one MODVRS .I was hoping someone would post this as i didn't fancy going out & getting the manual out of the Landcruiser.It hasn't got above 3 or 4 C here today although it was sunny. Once you're in and warm....

I have a pdf of the full owner's manual if you want it. It covers the face-lifted 95 series up to 2003, both petrol and diesel.

thanks mate but i'm good with the paper version & my 95 is the pre facelift model. Maybe a new thread with a dropbox link or similar would be a good idea ?

Big thanks @MODVRS!

Reset worked perfectly although the shown direction deviates quite a bit from the direction shown on my iphone.

Here's the following page which should enable you to correct it. All a bit complicated for me so I've never bothered. Can provide a link for the full manual if you don't have one. I've collected numerous factory service manuals and the like since I've owned mine if you need any in the future.

Attachments

• 184CA185-CF58-4FC9-B43C-DBB8418BAC13.png
    184CA185-CF58-4FC9-B43C-DBB8418BAC13.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 131
Hi @MODVRS

Would you be happy to share the link to the owners manual pdf? I've never had one for my truck, and more interested to have a read than anything else. Managed without it for 12 years so far!

Might need to download on a PC or use the free Mega app.

Credit to the original person who scanned the document, I can't remember where I came across it unfortunately.

Much obliged thanks, I'll have a go later. Appreciate it

Back