Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Coolant leak into passenger footwell.

Well got back to this job this morning, first time I've been up to it since mid November. Having loosened the air con unit and fan unit it just pulled out and the matrix just slots out of the housing, simples really. The most time consuming job was getting the water flexibles off the matrix pipes which go through the bulkhead as they were really stuck on, in the end I squashed the ends with big pliers and off they came.
IMG_1854.JPG

IMG_1852.JPG

While I've got it all in bits I thought it a good time to change the worn gear selector , it had been bugging me all the time I've owned the truck especially as I'd had the replacement on the shelf for years just waiting to go on something.
IMG_1859.JPG

I eventually got round to mine. It was a dash out job, but on the plus side I managed to pick up a genuine matrix really cheap(don't ask!). I got someone else to do it with my help(not much). I'm so glad I didn't take it on. What a mess it is inside there! Anyway, thanks for the invaluable input all.

Well, finally got it all back together.

IMG_1882.JPG

It all went back together well, I did it a section at a time so as not to get frustrated with it. In the end I took the complete heater out of a " spares" 95 80 and put it in complete after checking the matrix was ok.
Everything works as it should and the heater is really hot so all good. I re taxed it today and had the mobile air con guy out to re gas the system so its back on the road in time for spring.
The next challenge, now I've got the bit between my teeth is to retro fit air con to my GS. I have all the parts from my spares cars so I'll give that a go later in the year.

Back