Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cooper st max or bfg at2

stumog

Country Flag
england
As per title?

Thoughts please?

Anybody on here got the AT2 both are around the same money if you shop around. By the way spoke to West coast and gave me the best price I could find on the at2.

Need to sort something out pretty soon.

Cheers
Stu

happy with the ST Maxx's on mine, not had any problems.

Two different tyres. What are you going to use them mostly for? Coopers are a bit softer than bfg

Are the BFG's the KO2's, if so I'd always go with the "Goodies" just because I know what I am going to get. Thats just me though and if anyone has had the "Max's" and like them then thats what they like.
As soon as possible, ( in about 300K miles) when I have worn all the present BFG A/T's I have around I will get some KO2's or maybe KO3's. :lol:

My tyres get used for everything from motor way to mud grass rock. I currently have km2 but they are proving hard to get balanced correctly plus i need a set of tyres for my defender so may aswell put my used ones on that and treat the cruiser.

Was also thinking of the duratec but they have weak side walls some say.

Stu

It's a hard question to answer and you'll get a different answer from everyone. Unless you compare absolutely like for like Stu, it's all going to be opinion. Personally having had several sets of BFGs on different cars in different sizes, I have NEVER had a set I didn't like. I now have Cooper STT and I am not totally impressed but then I am driving a 3 tonne 80. Noise fine. Grip in the dry, fine, grip in the wet - a bit skittish and slidey I have found. Wear - not looking brilliant in my view. Price, nothing special wrt being a bargain. In mud - not very good at all. Well aired down on Moroccan boulders - quite acceptable. Soft beach sand? I'm not going there.

But these are 315's so how good in the wet and mud are they likely to be?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
We had some KO2's fitted to our 100 not long ago. Was tempted to go ST Maxx again as I liked those on the 80 but thought I'd see if the KO2's were any good. I can only comment on them on road - so far so good seem about the same as the ST Maxx which is not much different to the road tyres that came off i.e. no real extra noise or harshness plenty of grip wet or dry smooth at high speeds. Comparing the treads although the Maxx look more aggressive the centre blocks are quite large and probably not much different overall to the BFG in terms of mud traction but that's just looking at them.

Had my st maxx delivered today. Can't belive how much room just the one takes up in the kitchen.

Had my st maxx delivered today. Can't belive how much room just the one takes up in the kitchen.

Did you not have an island unit designed with tyre racking underneath Stu?

[emoji4]

Last edited:
Back