Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Coopers Discoverer S/T Maxx

toolsplus

Country Flag
portugal
thinking about changing tyres soon,my BFG A/T's are four years old now and have had a lot of off-road stick and mileage

i've always liked the look of Cooper tyres but never tried them

i'm looking for owners experiences of the Discoverer S/T Maxx?

cheers

I would have been able to add something useful to this thread if I’d been able to get hold of some as they were the Tyre of choice for me earlier this year. It turns out they aren’t imported into the UK. I have a feeling this might extend to the rest of the EU too so hope you can get hold of them. I read a handful of reviews by googling before I decided and it was about 60/40 in favour but went for the STT Pro instead as they were available. You will come up against the K versus Q speed rating. One being something like 99 mph, the other around 71. I called and spoke to Cooper UK about this, as their website listed the higher rating. They confirmed none were available within the EU due to EU noise regulations covering tyres. They also said they were the exact same Tyre with a different letter moulded into the sidewall, that’s it.

You can, of course, privately import some for your own use from the US - at vast cost no doubt.

I like Toyo MT but i couldn't find the size i want :icon-cry:

I run a set 235 85 16 on the 40. Not too impressed on mud.
Next set will be muds.
Ran a set stmaxx 265 75 16 on the hzj75 with internal beadlocks. Performed well in the sand dunes in tunisia, but again not so good in mud.

Look at the new Falkens, I have them on my 80 in a 35/12.5/17.
IMO one of the best alround tyres I've ever had

I am using the Coopers STT Pro tires, which are pretty good, very good treat pattern.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back