Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Covid Swab Testing - China

Graham

Garage
Country Flag
uk
In my wife's sisters province in China, Hebei, we watched live via her sisters phone on how the Chinese do the testing.
They will test 75 million people in 3 days, 24 hours a day.
Thousands upon thousands of testing centers.
All the "testers" in fully enclosed bio suits.
They (three in the family) waited just 30 minutes for the testing.
First one queue for registration with ID cards, then given a slip of paper, then into the testing queue.
Results back next day after test.

Wow, I know that the Chinese government can *ask* the people to comply but still, testing 75 million in 3 days and getting the results back next day, us nothing short of amazing.

You could do the whole of the UK in 2.5 days! :dance: :cool:

We get tested for going to offshore, 20mins from entry to departure with your results, I can’t understand why this can’t be rolled out and expanded to all in the country..crazy thing is, we get tested before leaving UK, THEN AGAIN when we land 1.5 hrs later in Denmark. Somebody is making money out of this crazy mess

Rather easy for the Chinese to "test" for a virus they know the exact origins of......
This was not a natural occurrence and the failure of the Chinese to let the WHO investigate speaks volumes...
Never ever trust the Chinese ....they are the ones currently making billions from a pandemic they started .

...the failure of the Chinese to let the WHO investigate speaks volumes...

Just on that point, the WHO team are currently in China and serving out their quarantine period. I doubt that they will find anything new anyway.

On a side note, the prevalence of coronaviruses in bats has long been known and the threat of some these crossing to humans, has been raised for nearly 20 years. Incidentally bats were also the source for Ebola, Rabies, and more recently SARS-CoV (aka SARS) - so they seem to have a track record in f*cking humans over. :icon-evil:

Never liked bats much myself but deep-fried in a KFC style coating.... :icon-wink:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
My other half is a teacher & when one of her students tested positive she rang the health centre , was called in for a test & had the results within the hour.This is just a question of resources and the will to make it work.

We get tested for going to offshore, 20mins from entry to departure with your results, I can’t understand why this can’t be rolled out and expanded to all in the country..crazy thing is, we get tested before leaving UK, THEN AGAIN when we land 1.5 hrs later in Denmark.

All I can think of with this, is that the lateral flow tests (quick 20 min ones) aren't that brilliant at picking up cases, but better than nothing. So doubling up and having two tests would seem to increase the reliability of the process overall?

Somebody is making money out of this crazy mess

Matt Hancock's old neighbour for one! Same old - its not what you know, its who you know :-(

Just on that point, the WHO team are currently in China and serving out their quarantine period. I doubt that they will find anything new anyway.

On a side note, the prevalence of coronaviruses in bats has long been known and the threat of some these crossing to humans, has been raised for nearly 20 years. Incidentally bats were also the source for Ebola, Rabies, and more recently SARS-CoV (aka SARS) - so they seem to have a track record in f*cking humans over. :icon-evil:

Never liked bats much myself but deep-fried in a KFC style coating.... :icon-wink:

This coupled with the fact that many of the creatures used in the Wuhan weapons .....ahem "research" labs have a habit of finding their way into the Wet markets won't have helped ..... despite one prominent case where a chap was jailed the poverty in China means this won't be the last time it happens.

We should be pushing back against the Chinese as hard if not harder than Australia...... they should and must be held to account for the mayhem they have caused either deliberately or because they didn't want to loose face....

The Chinese government has lost all face the fact is they have all put their heads up their asses until this is over

Going off Topic a bit, But remaining in China.. I watched a documentary about re building the old Burma road (Myanmar).. Slashing its way through the one of the last remaining wilderness.. And this obviously involved the local indigenous people... Who told of their lively hood being disrupted because they wouldn't be able to supply China's demand for Tiger bones / Gall bladder etc... Really, Still, in 2021.... Because they still believe if you put the said contents in Soup, It will give you a hard on and cure Cancer...... Wake up ... Please........ Sorry , it was just a story about a Tiger......... Back to Bats and Covid

First one queue for registration with ID cards, then given a slip of paper, then into the testing queue.

There's a clue here . . . . . .

Did you see "Outbreak: The Virus that shook the World" on Channel 4 last night - nothing new but interesting nevertheless.

The Chinese Government have absolute control of all aspects of peoples' lives. It isn't Communism !

Bob.

And yet successive governments in many countries look the other way when it comes to their appalling treatment of both humans and endangered species... and continue to let them be involved in major infrastructure projects ....the Chinese won't ever change, they will continue to manipulate and manoeuvre their way until they have achieved their aims and then it will be too late to do anything about it.
The new POTUS is a fan of the Chinese and will lead the USA towards a precipice ....
Just when we thought Covid was the biggest issue we face ;-) ;-)

.the Chinese USA won't ever change, they will continue to manipulate and manoeuvre their way until they have achieved their aims and then it will be too late to do anything about it. China and the US economies are interdependent to a degree that neither can move too far away from the other. Much of what Trump said was just noise and bluster. Chinese economic power was built by western corporations offshoring their manufacturing in search of greater profit & human rights disappeared from the discourse decades ago.

Globalisation gave China most of its economic power - and that genie ain't going back in the bottle, we in the West have made sure of that. I would go so far as to say, our economies actually depend on it.

We have what's known as "Rapid Tests" over here in the states that get results within 15 minutes. Only downside is that they have less of these tests to go about compared with the typical test.

There's a clue here . . . . . .

Did you see "Outbreak: The Virus that shook the World" on Channel 4 last night - nothing new but interesting nevertheless.

The Chinese Government have absolute control of all aspects of peoples' lives. It isn't Communism !

Bob.

Hi Bob,

I believe everyone in UK should have ID cards.
i guess it would go some way to preventing benefit fraud, but thats another issue,

The Chinese government has lost all face the fact is they have all put their heads up their asses until this is over

Really ?
How do you come to that conclusion ?

i guess it would go some way to preventing benefit fraud, but thats another issue,
The great benefits fraud myth has been debunked on this forum more than once Graham .As for ID cards the 19 Saudis who carried out the 9/11 attacks had all their paperwork in order.

Hi Bob,

In a way we already do..... a smart phone with loads of apps that we allow to track our movements etc ... most people have little idea of the size of their digital footprint generated on a phone , tablet, and PC etc probably made in bloody China who are also using the data produced or harvested for various reasons .... best decision ever not to allow China to have an "in" with 5G .

I D cards would have minimal affect on benefit fraud or any other type ..... an astounding number of drivers on UK roads have neither a valid licence or have ever taken a test yet still drive and can "produce" a licence at the roadside . Number plates are another non happening ..... all too often vehicles reported to the Police come back as having incorrect plates and "ping" every ANPR camera they pass including Traffic cars yet are used daily by certain people and never stopped ...

Back