Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cracking project (Next best thing)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-Patrol-Y60-GR-4-2-TD-Spares-or-Repair-Clutch-slipping/223731336485? I know its not a Landcruiser, But if you fancy something Different for your next Project???? ...... Iv always loved 'em'......... Chuck a clutch in it and away you go!:thumbup:

Has anyone on here owned a Y60 Troll? ( besides me).

Be careful what you wish for, at best thats only 3/4 as good as an 80 in all respects. From the 90's look at how many 80's have survived compared with Y60's.
Just saying like.

Part of me will always yearn for the swb version though .

Has anyone on here owned a Y60 Troll? ( besides me).

Be careful what you wish for, at best thats only 3/4 as good as an 80 in all respects. From the 90's look at how many 80's have survived compared with Y60's.
Just saying like.
Agree Andy, But we had one on the Farm years ago, Very agricultural, We loved it, No there arnt many about. More 60 series spec i guess......How about this one Shayne..https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-P...SEL/274076122149?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

I'm only guessing that if it's very rusty on the bodywork you can see it will be horrendous where you can't

Have to agree with Josh that's hanging and at 3200 blimey.

They have great running gear but the bodies are worse then a 120...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have to agree with Josh that's hanging and at 3200 blimey.

They have great running gear but the bodies are worse then a 120...

Worse than a 60 series too. The one I had was a SWB, better than most bodywise but the chassis needed patching and it had only done 80k. Engine wise a bit like a 1HZ , rest just average really.

Shayne, not a patch on either of your Collies, believe me.

I currently run the Y60 Patrol and have owned a number of 80’s. Which one do I think is better????? Well depends what you want to do, the land cruiser interior wise is put together better but the patrol isn’t bad at all and I do find the seating position in the Patrol better. Engine wise I have the factory turbo TD42 so no real difference to the 1HD-T.

For what I want from a vehicle it had to be the patrol, I want to run 37/40” tyres and have peace of mind with the drivetrain, I also didn’t want a long wheel base vehicle so the short converted to medium wheel base ticked the box.

I was very lucky to find a rot free patrol which is very difficult these days but it’s getting that way with 80’s
478991F9-569F-4465-AD79-BC9EC8C7264F.jpeg

I currently run the Y60 Patrol and have owned a number of 80’s. Which one do I think is better????? Well depends what you want to do, the land cruiser interior wise is put together better but the patrol isn’t bad at all and I do find the seating position in the Patrol better. Engine wise I have the factory turbo TD42 so no real difference to the 1HD-T.

For what I want from a vehicle it had to be the patrol, I want to run 37/40” tyres and have peace of mind with the drivetrain, I also didn’t want a long wheel base vehicle so the short converted to medium wheel base ticked the box.

I was very lucky to find a rot free patrol which is very difficult these days but it’s getting that way with 80’s
View attachment 161294

That looks like the perfect "Troll" Tom, but its far from the norm.

Higgy you would get me divorced if i had a bigger garden but alas i have no room for it .

I appreciate what your saying Andy but we differ in wants considerably , if i had a brand new 120 and an old mini mayfair sat on my drive i'm quite certain the mini would be my daily driver because it had a character to enjoy rather than send me to sleep comfort .

Higgy you would get me divorced if i had a bigger garden but alas i have no room for it .

I appreciate what your saying Andy but we differ in wants considerably , if i had a brand new 120 and an old mini mayfair sat on my drive i'm quite certain the mini would be my daily driver because it had a character to enjoy rather than send me to sleep comfort .
Know what your saying. Im border line divorce settlement with 3 Land Cruisers and the C15 van.... And i know i would come off worse in the Lawyers Battle...:lol:

It looks funny with straight panels, stock height, 31s etc.... basically everything that they tend not to be over here after the P-Platers get hold of them... then they end up with a dent in every panel, a quarter panel chop, 4" lift and a set of 35s under them...

It looks funny with straight panels, stock height, 31s etc.... basically everything that they tend not to be over here after the P-Platers get hold of them... then they end up with a dent in every panel, a quarter panel chop, 4" lift and a set of 35s under them...

you name standard height and 37’s.

Back