Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Crimper for small pins

Not a bad little number, better than fixing Adblue faults and sledging out kingpins! I don't mind wiring faults unless they are 9.30pm on a Friday night and the driver saying he just has 'a bulb gone!'

To be honest Richard I would not use crimps on those I would put the cable in
and crimp it over with pliers but the main point is solder the conductor

Far better job than crimping alone
+1 on the soldering. The key thing with soldering is not to over do it. The only advantage crimping has over soldering is speed and the only reason it’s not done on the assembly line IMO.

+1 on the soldering. The key thing with soldering is not to over do it. The only advantage crimping has over soldering is speed and the only reason it’s not done on the assembly line IMO.
Usage of heat is being discouraged plus it is not so controllable as crimping. Solder also creeps when used for tinned ends in compression terminals causing loose connections (not what is being discussed here granted). Insulation heat degradation is another downside particularly at this type of terminal which has a strain relief on the insulation. Soldering has its place but crimping of terminals has taken over really and there are many millions, billions probably of crimped terminals out there that don’t fail. The key is the correct tooling matched to the crimp, in critical applications ideally by the same manufacturer and calibrated. Soldering on the other hand is versatile but takes some skill/knowledge to complete correctly and successfully. It’s easy to make a bad soldered joint if unaware how to correctly do it. There’s merits to both.

Back