Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Crit'Air sticker. What's my Euro Emission Standard?

Rob Cowell

Country Flag
wales
Thought I should sort out a Crit'Air sticker for France this year. Probably not going to the areas it's needed but for about 5 Euros thought I might as well.

Any idea how you can tell for sure what your Euro Emission Standard is? My car was registered in September 2005, so I think could be Euro 3 or Euro 4. I don't know which though.

Ta

Looked into this today.
If taking the Paris peripherique inner ring road, you don't need the sticker
For Lyon autoroutes are excluded
But looks like driving then autoroutes in Grenoble are not excluded and you need to buy a sticker

I don't know why, but I followed the link, and my model isn't listed. Anyway, I went to the Land Cruiser review, which was mostly complementary....

Then,

Superb off-road

If you need to head into the wilds and want to make sure you will come out the other side in one piece, the Toyota Land Cruiser is the car for you. Its reliability and rugged build quality are renowned all over the world, so it will easily cope with the use most UK buyers put it through. This is likely to include on-road driving and towing, which the Toyota manages with ease. If you do head off-road, the Land Cruiser’s powerful engines, low-ration transfer gearbox and four-wheel drive combine with the excellent ground clearance and traction to make it almost unstoppable. Only a Land Rover Discovery or Range Rover are more able than the Toyota.

WTF?

Couldn't believe it

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Just go with the worst/highest polluting sticker and you will be safe ;)
Remember depending on your category of decal you are limited to only being able to drive in Paris, Lyon and Grenoble on certain days and at certain hours or you will be penalized for driving when you should not have.
That is my understanding anyway of the brief moment I spent perusing the news regarding this tax.
By the way I am led to understand that only one company is licensed to print these decals and it is owned by Paris counselor type gent.

Just had a look at parkers and both my cruiser and BMW have their Co2 listed as N/A.
Fantastic :)

Last edited:
Back