Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cross country ultimate top mount intercooler.

chapel gate

Supporter
Promoted Company
Country Flag
england
Anyone on here run one of these?

When I was looking at a top mount it was this one that caught my eye as they provide some supporting data for its efficiency that is independently supported in the mud thread on intercoolers. Although the cooler is a bit smaller I think the scoop looks a lot better than the CC one. https://hpdiesel.com.au/products/intercooler-kits/toyota-landcruiser-80-series-series-18.html

I agree about the scoop.
It is a reasonable amount smaller than the CC.
Did you go FM in the end Lorin?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I agree about the scoop.
It is a reasonable amount smaller than the CC.
Did you go FM in the end Lorin?

Unfortunately an IC keeps getting knocked of the top of the list so it’s still on the list rather than the truck!

I had a cross country top mount on mine, replaced it with a PDI front mount

I had a cross country top mount on mine, replaced it with a PDI front mount
I remember you having the smaller top mount and issue's with the fan.
Did it perform well other than the fan problems SJ?

It was better than no intercooler at all, but the front mount is in a whole different class, around 100c less EGT temps than the top mount with the same fueling, and doesn't require an additional fan. The only benefit the top mount has over the front mount is ease of fitment.

edit, I just looked at both the top mount kits on the links, both are more than I paid for the PDI front mount. If you do decide on the top mount try and find out what SPAL fan they use, SPAL make a brushless motor one that has a higher working temp heat rating, that's the one you want, unfortunately its slightly thicker and would not fit between the IC and rocker cover on my FT. The supplied SPAL fan did work ok for some time, but the engine bay heat kills them as its higher than there rated working temp.

I did get a new SPAL fan under warrantee when I removed the top mount, and another one 9 months prior to that, so there good at replacing them for free. I have it still in the shed if you need to know part numbers

Last edited:
Spoke to Craig at cc this morning.
Nice helpful chap, reckons temps will drop by 100c.

An IC is probably the only thing left on the list of things I want on mine. Well that and two new wings.
It doesn't lack power, but I'd like to make it just that little bit more , hmmmm, well, sort of, errr, intercoolerery.

I also need new wings.

Wings/intercooler?
Wings/intercooler?
Wings/intercooler?
:think:

Ahh now that's the argument between need and want. I need wings but I want an intercooler.

Separate budgets. :icon-biggrin:
Unfortunately my wife has reserved both budgets for the foreseeable future in order to extend her shoe collection. Oh, and did I mention a kitchen?

Well, haven't been this disappointed in a long time.
This was due to land today, followed the tracking all the way to 3.50pm...

Back at the depot.

"customer not available to receive"

Been in the workshop all day...

Customer available to receive..

:icon-biggrin:

IMG_20191016_100337.jpg

IMG_20191016_111108.jpg
IMG_20191016_111759.jpg

Well, its certainly well made.
The controversial scoop is pretty big.

Back