Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruise Control Speed adjustment

kahmad

Country Flag
pakistan
Hi,

Does anyone know how to adjust to top speed for Cruise Control? I recently bought my F120 from Japan (its a domestic Japan model) and find that the cruise does not activate at 120 KM/h (our speed limit here). It works up to 110 km/h. Any ideas on how to rectify this?

Thanks

I think there is a thread somewhere on this. IIRC the chosen route was to swap the cruise ECU for a UK one unless there were an adjustment found. I don't remember there being an adjustment found.

Edit…I think this was on an 80 rather than a 120 but I expect the principal to be the same.

Last edited:
Sounds about right unless you have 'proper' OBD II capability to reset that - or access to the Toyota reader and software to see if that can be re-programmed. I think that's because of Japanese road traffic regs ??

Hi,

Does anyone know how to adjust to top speed for Cruise Control? I recently bought my F120 from Japan (its a domestic Japan model) and find that the cruise does not activate at 120 KM/h (our speed limit here). It works up to 110 km/h. Any ideas on how to rectify this?

Thanks

After fixing my cruise control I noticed it doesn't work above 110KM too being import JDM. Not that I drive much more than that but would of liked to have it higher for comfort. Any ideas to adjust the limit anyone?

Have a google for Toyota Supra /Soarer JDM Cruise control fix, I've done it a few times its quite a simple task, just requires a single wire soldering in the cruise module.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back