Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruise control....??

I have the same stalk that you have on the 2nd page on here but couldn't get it working last year when I was messing around with it. And then today I stumble across this :)

Ive got a little bit further ive now got the 2 white wires in pins 2 & 3 and the red wire not connected to anything but im now getting the green cruise light but the cruise still does not work :(

I have deleted pics from my phone. With the 3wire when wired correct so everything functions the on/off button doesn't work. You pull towards you to set. I am away all weekend without Toyota (due to transfer box) so can't even have a look. If you haven't sorted by Monday I will have a look when home .

I have deleted pics from my phone. With the 3wire when wired correct so everything functions the on/off button doesn't work. You pull towards you to set. I am away all weekend without Toyota (due to transfer box) so can't even have a look. If you haven't sorted by Monday I will have a look when home .

Cheers Danny I have got it working im buzzing the button works for on and off also if you push the lever up that also does on and off pull to the steering wheel sets the speed push down speeds up the car. Im happy with that it will make my life a lot better when towing the caravan to Cornwall this year Many thanks for the info ive found on here

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I already had the switch as I bought it off a 90 last year when I was trying to get it working I did everything apart from swap the wiring round in the plug behind the airbag, the main thing for me is that its now working the only thing I have left to do is cut the hole in the plastic trim

Here is the way I have done it with the 3 wire stalk pin 1 black that works the horn, pin 2 white with black stripe, pin 3 solid white and the red wire I have put to earth. the button on the end of the stalk activates the cruise light, push the stalk up this also activates the cruise light, pull towards the wheel sets or will slow you down a little and push the stalk down to increase the set speed. press the brake cancels as it should so im happy with the outcome

If you're happy that's the main thing. I am a bit funny about stuff, I couldn't leave it if the stalk wasn't 100%. But it's a brilliant upgrade.

If you're happy that's the main thing. I am a bit funny about stuff, I couldn't leave it if the stalk wasn't 100%. But it's a brilliant upgrade.
I know what you mean I like things to work correctly also but I couldn't justify spending the money when what I have does the job even though its not 100%

Reactions: Bob
So the trim came to fit around the CC stalk but they sent the wrong color!! When questioned they said its all they had available! I either still with my own version and sell this to anyone who needs it or try getting a paint match and spray.

Reading through the thread is this mod doable on a 1kzte or is it d4d only

Cheers simon

B****r thought it might have been I will have to have a more in depth look then

Thanks for the reply

Simon

Great work guys. I'd like to try this myself. I have a d4d manual. Does anyone have a link to the clutch switch that I'd need? (Also I'm not very mechanically minded, what is the process for installing this part?)

I posted the link a few posts back, to a genuine Toyota part. Even if you just search the part number I posted before that it will get you to a supplier.

As for fitting, if you look at the upper part of the clutch pedal,near the spring, there's a little bump stop screwed into the metal frame. This limits the return travel of the clutch pedal. Simply remove this (14mm spanner I think) and replace it with the switch. Be sure to adjust to the same length as the bump stop. Then plug in the cable that's already there, (taped to the bulkhead a bit further up, just needs some searching)

Ok so the parts arrived today and I've just finished the install and took it for a quick test. Seems to work ok but The seatbelt warning light is staying on. Any ideas what would cause this? I left the airbag off could this be the cause?

Back