Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Cruise control....??

Yeah if it's a manual you need the clutch switch.. 5 minute job to fit. Just replaces the stopper bolt on the clutch pedal bracket. The connector for it is taped to the bulkhead up by the steering column. I'd imagine this causes the error you have
Thanks bob I'll crack on

Hello Bob ....can I pick your brains ..... again
I'm having a struggle finding the plug for the clutch switch, can you remember which loom it was attached to ? I have taken the lower part under the dash off and have removed the demister pipe so I have a clear view. I've cut the tape on the 2 plugs that were in range but they were both for multiple pins and there's only 2 pins in the switch. There doesn't appear to be any others, Can you give me any advice Bob.
Cheers Rob

View attachment 140202

It's quite a bit up, you'll have to reach up from underneath to find it.. you won't see it easily, so throw the arm up by the steering column and have a root around.. if I remember rightly it's up nearly level with the bottom of the instrument cluster.. it will reach the clutch switch when you unravel it

It's quite a bit up, you'll have to reach up from underneath to find it.. you won't see it easily, so throw the arm up by the steering column and have a root around.. if I remember rightly it's up nearly level with the bottom of the instrument cluster.. it will reach the clutch switch when you unravel it
Thanks Bob, but can you remember which side of the steering column it was. Cheers Rob

Thanks Bob, but can you remember which side of the steering column it was.

I think on the left as you sit in the drivers seat. I remember having to lie on my back into the drivers footwell and reach up. It is awkard

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks Bob, I'll have another look tomorrow if my back improves.

I'd pop over and help, but there's a bit of water in the way!

No snork on my truck... although it's no stranger to the ferry!

No snork on my truck... although it's no stranger to the ferry!
Just been out there and had a furtle all the way round the front and top bulkheads and nothing with a plug on it.
I can only hope that someone out there with a d4d manual fitted with cc .... With a kind heart could track the wire from the plug up the the harness and take a pic of it or better still a video. If it had the wire colours clear on view that would be marvellous . Till then I'm calling it a day

This is the best I can get, it's the cable with the plastic shroud that goes into the switch, sorry second image rotated 90 degrees
IMAG1822.jpg
IMAG1823.jpg
IMAG1822.jpg

Good of you to do that Bob, thanks a bunch. Sadly there's nothing up there that looks anything like that. There is one wire which has a plug on it, it has 3 pins but the switch has 2, plus the shape is wrong and there's none of the black tube protecting it. I'm going to need a wiring diagram to help find which bunch of cables it's in ... If it exists on this one !

I looked at this before doing mine.. pretty much identical set up to the 90.. shows the location of the cable you are looking for

I looked at this before doing mine.. pretty much identical set up to the 90.. shows the location of the cable you are looking for

Thanks Bob, I watched the video and went back at it, after about 15 minutes I found it ! Yaaay It was directly above a very thick harness and it was not possible to see. I was pulling at everything and levering with a screwdriver and just caught a glimpse of something curled up under steel bulkhead under the dash near the windscreen. I had to make a hook out of plastic coated fencing wire to pull it out over the side of the harness. Off to test it now it's all back together

Thanks Bob, I watched the video and went back at it, after about 15 minutes I found it ! Yaaay It was directly above a very thick harness and it was not possible to see. I was pulling at everything and levering with a screwdriver and just caught a glimpse of something curled up under steel bulkhead under the dash near the windscreen. I had to make a hook out of plastic coated fencing wire to pull it out over the side of the harness. Off to test it now it's all back together
It does work but not having instructions, it is a bit hit and miss. To start with it wasn't working at all. When I got into 5th it started working an I assumed it was only 5th it worked on. But as I pulled away I tried it in 3rd and pulling the stalk towards me it worked, pushing it away it sped up as it should. It seems there are more functions than I thought because I couldn't repeat it. Did you get any instructions Bob ?

Last edited:
Are you sure you have the correct stalk? On mine, pulling towards is cancel, pushing down is set and slow down, pushing up is reset and speed up.

Also is the light showing on the dash?

Light on the dash not always on.
The shortcut for the stalk was from the thread Andy lomas passed on and the numbers matched up.
It looks identical to the others posted.
Maybe it will get better with use ...... Not a clever thing to say but the gremlins may get bored and Bugger off if I pretend there's no problems.
Sometimes everything works, sometimes it doesn't ....
I'm thinking it could be very useful when laning long distances at slow speeds ......

Feet up now and a glass of wine beckons ...

Last edited:
Back