1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Czech guy in Australia

chrasjir Dec 7, 2017 at 11:25 AM

1. chrasjir

chrasjir New Member I am in czech_republic

Map
    Hi everyone,

my name is Jiri and originally I am from the Czech Republic, which is the small country in the middle of Europe. My Australian home is in Melbourne.
    I have been in Australia for 13 months so, please excuse my English which is not perfect...:)

I have bought HJ 75, from 1988, Troopcarrier with 350k km on the gauge.

Nowadays it is almost in stock condition just 15" rims with 31" Kumho Road Venture AT.
    My vision for the future is transforming this troopy into an overland vehicle for my girlfriend and myself for trips around Victoria and further into Australia.

Thanks for accepting me into your community and have a good day.
    Jiri

Ben, clivehorridge and grantw like this.
  2. Ben Stratford

Ben Stratford Well-Known Member Supporter I am in england

Map
    Hello Jiri, that sounds like a great truck, can we have pictures and tell us about what you are planning to do to upgrade it. Not many troop carriers in uk unfortunately.
    Would love a 40 series troopy.

3. clivehorridge

clivehorridge Well-Known Member Supporter Guru I am in romania

Garage:
    Map
    Hi Jiri, welcome aboard!

Your English is just fine mate, so don’t worry yourself, but I’m looking out for some photos of the troopy...

4. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member Guru I am in australia

Map
    Welcome Jiri. :thumbup:

Where abouts in Melbourne are you?

I'm about to move back, heading to the Eastern Suburbs around Bayswater/Boronia. :icon-biggrin:

5. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Well-Known Member I am in wales

Map
    Hey Jiri

Welcome to the best LC place on the internet. Ben beat me to it, where in Melb are you?

I used to live in Boronia! :laughing:

6. chrasjir

Map
    Sorry guys for a later reply...
    Shortly we live in Kilsyth so pretty close to Boronia. :)

What I want to upgrade is snorkel, and then whole technical condition of this truck. It is in good condition for its age but some parts like bushes etc. are a bit worn... But everything has own time.:)

Here are few pictures:

DSC02679.JPG DSC02766.JPG DSC02801.JPG

7. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Well-Known Member I am in wales

Map
    Very nice.

Get yourself over to Croydon and go to Kofi Beans for amazing coffee and hot chocolate.

Croydon Camera House is a great place for photography stuff, and don't forget Piranha in Boronia for all of you 4x4 gear.

Also there's Outback Automotive in Ferntree Gully that does suspension, tyres, etc.

8. chrasjir

Map
    Thanks a lot for tips.
    I didn't write before. I work as a mechanic in Isuzu dealership, I need just to buy a goods and labour is on me.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter