Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dash Cameras

Managed to blag an iPhone over Christmas so this opens up more possibilities for WiFi dash cams for me. Just need to get the phone unlocked. Possibly a Blackvue or Roadhawk which get good reviews. Will see what the New Year sales bring in the way of discounts.

I got a next base 212 for Xmas and got round to fitting it in the 80 today. Good little bit of kit, clear image, copes well with changes of light etc.
Going to connect to the laptop later and see what the recordings look like on a larger screen.

I got a HP dash cam for £40 from amazon when it was in the sale - specs seem good Full HD, GPS, etc. The software allows you to see the video and view your route on Google maps (in a separate window).

Now gone up to £50.....

Are these any use for leasure use? Interesting tracks, acts of heroic driving etc. Or look at a go pro or similar.

Bit late replying to this CG, but it's for this reason (and others) I want to get a one with a high quality recoding.

I've got a big Sony recorder, and a mini, but if I had a permanently installed dashcam, then I wouldn't miss out when I'm too lazy to set up the mini, or the battery dying or mud / rain / snow on the lenses etc.

I got a HP dash cam for £40 from amazon when it was in the sale - specs seem good Full HD, GPS, etc. The software allows you to see the video and view your route on Google maps (in a separate window).

Now gone up to £50.....
Sounds interesting Chadr. Does it have a log of your routes like a tracker would so you could go back and view something way back?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
very nice, I am tempted but I am more tempted by this.
Click HERE

I've got a BlackVeu in the Shogun, been in there 5 years plus. It's got a power protection device. Easy to view from iPhone.

I've been lucky not to need it accident wise but it was instrumental in locking up some car thieves !

About to have one fitted to the LC.

Looks good, but isn't 103 degrees horizontal too narrow?

The specification is a bit misleading isn't it?

It says 129 degrees then confirms that in the smaller print as a "diagonal" angle... WTF?

I'm also a dubious about impact sensors governing the "fixed" recordings for general use other than as a highway or street dashcam.

I could imagine every offroad trip getting coded as an accident / incident :?:lol:

I know you can deleted these files in the event of it not being classed as an accident, and a large capacity memory card would asssit accommodating these files. I'd be regularly downloading interesting footage to PC remote hard drive anyway.

The jury is still out for me though, for the moment.

My DDPai 6+ is going well and the remote capture button is very useful.

My DDPai 6+ is going well and the remote capture button is very useful.

Good to hear, I like the look of that.

Is the vid clear on playback?

I think one of the best tests is whether or not you can you make out number plates of other vehicles.

I'm leaning towards this one at the moment...

After much spec and review chewing Iim really fancying a DDpai X1. Also like the look of the Blackvue cameras but way overpriced IMO.

After much spec and review chewing Iim really fancying a DDpai X1. Also like the look of the Blackvue cameras but way overpriced IMO.
Go on, treat yourself!

Back