Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Dashboard lights

mjmcgowan

Hi all got some dashboard lights on - The vehicle has been sat around for the last 4-5 months, on starting the vehicle the water in the fuel and low oil light comes on, and the battery light does not turn off (I think is meant to turn off I can't remember)

I have taken out to the fuel filter drained it, the back in and started the vehicle, checked oil levels - all seems fine.

Any ideas on why the lights could come or other problems it could indicate? any reason it can't / shouldn't be driven?
https://imgur.com/a/od1aISS
od1aISS

od1aISS

Alternator/charging issues Martin. Check the voltage at the batteries when the engines running to confirm

I thought that as well, but 13.5v charges is showing on the split charging system with the engine running.

I thought that as well, but 13.5v charges is showing on the split charging system with the engine running.
Should be 14.4v just after starting or with some load on like the headlights for instance. Try wiggling the plug in the back of the alternator. Or with engine off, remove the plug and check for corrosion. If there is none, it might be time to pull the alternator out and check the brushes and clean the slip rings with some fine wet and dry.

Back