Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Day 3 of owning a Cruiser

guruvetim

Country Flag
zimbabwe
Ok so 3 days in and so far I'm really happy...

I've had to remove the roof rack from it to get it in the garage (it only just fits) now I've got 6 holes in the roof.

Does anyone know if there is some kind of blanking kit for this?

I've attached some pics.

Cheers

c813a36f-33e3-4636-8083-76aabbf12753.jpg
0b6778b2-d9d1-4076-a16f-d1cd0621259d.jpg

Step 1 .. you definitely want to get some bolts into the holes.

Step 2 .. the entire rain gutter from the back door to the front is covered with a black colour plastic moulding that slides in.

Step 1 .. you definitely want to get some bolts into the holes.

Step 2 .. the entire rain gutter from the back door to the front is covered with a black colour plastic moulding that slides in.
Thanks
Bolts going in tomorrow and I'll try to get hold of the plastic strip from a breakers.

In the UK the VX model normally has the factory roof rack. The GX has no roof rack but has plastic strips with blanking plugs above the bolts. Suggest you search for the roof strips for a GX from a breaker. This puts it back to Toyota spec and keeps the water away.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
In the UK the VX model normally has the factory roof rack. The GX has no roof rack but has plastic strips with blanking plugs above the bolts. Suggest you search for the roof strips for a GX from a breaker. This puts it back to Toyota spec and keeps the water away.
Thanks Jmacd
I'll be off hunting the breakers of Harare...

If it helps. You probably just need the six plastic plugs / blanks plus bolts.
Pictures are from my two this morning

IMG_3536.JPG IMG_3537.JPG

Have a look on Amayama but you may need the model number from a GX or the part number from a friendly Mr T parts guy.

Ok so it's been quite a while I've had my cruiser now but I finally managed to find time to get out in the African bush with it.

I have to say the obstacles I encountered on my off road adventure in Umfurudzi park in Zimbabwe seemed to get more and more extreme as the day went by.
The cruiser took everything in it's stride.. I've not done any off road driving before apart from years ago in an early Disco in the snow which was crap, so when I looked at some of the dry river gorges and steep rocky climbs ahead on me I was more than a little nervous, no need.
I'm pretty sure my cruiser is more capable than I am brave... Can't wait till I get out again..
Pictures next time I promise

Ok so it's been quite a while I've had my cruiser now but I finally managed to find time to get out in the African bush with it.

I have to say the obstacles I encountered on my off road adventure in Umfurudzi park in Zimbabwe seemed to get more and more extreme as the day went by.
The cruiser took everything in it's stride.. I've not done any off road driving before apart from years ago in an early Disco in the snow which was crap, so when I looked at some of the dry river gorges and steep rocky climbs ahead on me I was more than a little nervous, no need.
I'm pretty sure my cruiser is more capable than I am brave... Can't wait till I get out again..
Pictures next time I promise

Good to hear this Tim, the bravery comes along with the awe of how capable these trucks really are.

Word of caution, even the best truck can meet its match, so make sure you are prepared for the unexpected, particularly if you’re on your own. Carry provisions and emergency gear to aid survival if something goes bang.

There’s very good advice on one of the threads on what to take and the do’s and don’ts When something bad happens. I don’t remember where it is but from memory there’s a rule of threes with survival, 3 minutes, 3 hours and 3 days (I think) and how to achieve all three.

It’s worth doing a search for it.

Cheers Clive

I'll give that a read.

I did have enough water and food in the car to see us through and had a few basic tools and spare belts but we were never too far from the lodges where they have a workshop so if anything major had happened we'd probably have made it back in no more than 3 hrs (unless we got lost). Lucky Umfurudzi doesn't have any lions but there are leopards so best get back before dark...

Will definitely be getting better kitted out before any extreme adventures..

Cheers Clive

I'll give that a read.

I did have enough water and food in the car to see us through and had a few basic tools and spare belts but we were never too far from the lodges where they have a workshop so if anything major had happened we'd probably have made it back in no more than 3 hrs (unless we got lost). Lucky Umfurudzi doesn't have any lions but there are leopards so best get back before dark...

Will definitely be getting better kitted out before any extreme adventures..

That thread’s a good read anyway and the vids are interesting too... :thumbup:

Back