De cat engine

mrjet400

I am in italy
Nov 26, 2015
Hi.
I wuold remove the pipe with converter in my Toy LandCruiser 100( hdj 1hd1fte 2004 )with a first part of exaust pipe with no converter
But if i'll do , there is some problem or I just remove the old and put on the newone ?
can Someone tell me something about it?
Thank You
Massimo mrjet

uHu

Supporter
I am in norway
Mar 7, 2010
Oslo, Norway
What is called a Catalytic Converter on our HDJ100s, is actually a particulate filter (DPF). It reduces the size of the soot particles in the exhaust fumes, and it does get clogged up over time. There are no sensors, or anything similar, relating to the functioning of the filter. Often you can get a turbo pressure fault code when the pressure required to overcome a blocked DPF is too high.

Reactions: mrjet400

mrjet400

I am in italy
Nov 26, 2015
Thank you
uHu
So if i delete cat i'll not have problem ?
Apart not having the converter?
I have also in the K&N airfilter
Massimo

IvanD

I am in bulgaria
Dec 11, 2018
Huh, uHu, where do you get that from? Not that I doubt it and it makes some sense, just wondering.
When blocked it kills the turbo as well. Don't ask me how do i know...

Don't like the adverts? Remove them by becoming a supporting member.   Click here

uHu

Supporter
I am in norway
Mar 7, 2010
Oslo, Norway
Huh, uHu, where do you get that from? ....
What exactly?
I experienced that when I floored it, I got a wheezing sound under the floor, then lost power and the CEL came on. Stopping and restarting made it OK until the next time. Checking TechStream revealed a turbo pressure code. I changed the DPF, and 100 k km later it's still OK. No turbo fail, and no more codes.

PS: I'm now well past 300 k km and expecting the turbo to fail within 50 k.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks