Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

De cat engine

mrjet400

Country Flag
italy
Hi.
I wuold remove the pipe with converter in my Toy LandCruiser 100( hdj 1hd1fte 2004 )with a first part of exaust pipe with no converter
But if i'll do , there is some problem or I just remove the old and put on the newone ?
can Someone tell me something about it?
Thank You
Massimo mrjet

What is called a Catalytic Converter on our HDJ100s, is actually a particulate filter (DPF). It reduces the size of the soot particles in the exhaust fumes, and it does get clogged up over time. There are no sensors, or anything similar, relating to the functioning of the filter. Often you can get a turbo pressure fault code when the pressure required to overcome a blocked DPF is too high.

Thank you
uHu
So if i delete cat i'll not have problem ?
Apart not having the converter?
I have also in the K&N airfilter
Massimo

Huh, uHu, where do you get that from? Not that I doubt it and it makes some sense, just wondering.
When blocked it kills the turbo as well. Don't ask me how do i know...

Huh, uHu, where do you get that from? ....
What exactly?
I experienced that when I floored it, I got a wheezing sound under the floor, then lost power and the CEL came on. Stopping and restarting made it OK until the next time. Checking TechStream revealed a turbo pressure code. I changed the DPF, and 100 k km later it's still OK. No turbo fail, and no more codes.

PS: I'm now well past 300 k km and expecting the turbo to fail within 50 k.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I used the Milner decat pipe on mine few weeks back

difference is very hard to notice I thought, cheap replacement as it’s like £50 !

sold the old cat for more than new decat

Do you not expect issues at MOT time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi uHu
Done!
Everything is fine and my TOY is better than before
the throttle response is perfect and power get improved
Thank you for info
Massimo
What year did the DPF start being used on the 100 series?

From the very start in 1998, for the HDJ100, according to the fsm.

I never knew there was one on mine, amazing it has stayed free flowing all this time!

Back