Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Deadman offroad recovery

Rosy

Supporter
Country Flag
uk
https://www.deadmanoffroad.com/

Saw this on Ronny Dahl's new video, looks to be an impressive piece of kit, small(ish), light and versatile which in my book is the overlanding trifecta.

Anybody packing a deadman as part of their recovery gear?

(P.S. to the guys at GCHQ dont panic! this isn't a thread about dead folks)

I watched a video of that being deployed. Seemed to me to be a very long drawn out process and whilst effective in sand and soft earth, I'd like to see it used in rock or hard pan. If I could dig a hole easily, I'd do that and just drop the spare wheel in.

Once buried and used, you then have to dig it up.

They have some videos on their website with different use cases, admittedly none of those are dug in on hard ground or mud.

The blurb does say that it should be possible to pull it out by winching from a single point which should make it much easier than recovering a buried tyre!

Us old blokes would be dead by the time we had the hole dug

And more to the point, the tide would have come in!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
hmmnn, not convinced, takes up more room than my ground anchor (which admittedly is heavier), no benefit over using a tree strop, could use, as someone mentioned above, a dumpy bag in soft gound, and it's not what you would call cheap!

I like the X Eng one, but it's huge and so difficult to store. The Pulpal one at least folds up.

Back