Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Devon HJ61

Ben Stratford

Supporter
Country Flag
england
I'm Ben - with new truck relocated from Doncaster to Devon 2 weeks ago.
Lots to do but very keen!
My 6th cruiser and second 60 but first 2H
Want to use daily forever but need to futureproof it and address current issues.
Currently work in Cornwall making Pasties Monday to Friday but spare time at weekends.
So far just the normal service items and belts done and sourcing parts which are starting to arrive

Soon I'm going to be the only person without a 40 :(

Welcome. Get some pics up :)

Wow, you got the bug bad, Ben!! :) Welcome along, great intro and another great cruiser.
Good to have you aboard.

Best wishes

Richard

Soon I'm going to be the only person without a 40 :(

Welcome. Get some pics up :)

Ah, wouldn't it be fun to still have them all!! Sorry Crispin, reading this back it sounds like I have 6, but, alas I sold the rest
Its 2 years since I sold my last one, a 24V manual 80 - Awesome, but somehow I didnt connect with it like i did the green one I had Previously.
Anyway, this one is a keeper so everything will be geared to last 40+ years - when I will probably be buried in it!!

Th
Wow, you got the bug bad, Ben!! :) Welcome along, great intro and another great cruiser.
Good to have you aboard.

Best wishes

Richard

Thanks Richard, looking forward to learning lots along the way

Welcome Ben where abouts are you living and working. I will be down that way in a couple of weeks to look at a quad and pick up some parts.

Stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Welcome Ben where abouts are you living and working. I will be down that way in a couple of weeks to look at a quad and pick up some parts.

Stu
Hi Stu,
living in Newton Abbot and working at Callington.
What are your parts for?

I will be going to Teignmouth and Exeter on my trip around.

My auntie lives in Callington not 100% where.

Can you send pm,s yet?

Stu

Hi Stu,
living in Newton Abbot and working at Callington.

Hi Ben and welcome, a 60 from Donnie, that one passed me by as I've had 60's for the past 20 years and generally keep an eye out for them.

I got the last 80 I bought from near Newton Abbot last year, a 24V auto which has been a great truck.

Hi Ben and welcome, a 60 from Donnie, that one passed me by as I've had 60's for the past 20 years and generally keep an eye out for them.

I got the last 80 I bought from near Newton Abbot last year, a 24V auto which has been a great truck.

Weird isn't it! The guy I bought the truck from - actually nearer Retford than Donnie also had an older HJ60 which although a good runner had bad rear end rust. It may be a good donor car for mechanicals if anyone needs Engine and Gearbox - probably a 2H

I will be going to Teignmouth and Exeter on my trip around.

My auntie lives in Callington not 100% where.

Can you send pm,s yet?

Stu
Not sure if I can send PM's, can't see anywhere to click on?

Back