Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Devon Laning Recce

Excellent thread Pete, pictures, narrative and the videos.

I watched every but of the vid (and the highlights) and its amazing how much of a difference there is between the LR 90 and your 80.

I know driving skills and other factor's come into it, but a LR to fail on sections only for not having lockers is a big negative to the brand.

Your 80 simply breezed the parts the 90 struggled on despite Mike's valiant efforts!

Thanks a lot for all the effort of sharing this trip, and editing the vid so beautifully, I've enjoyed it immensely!

Cheers Clive:cool:

I'm on a bit of a mission to imporve the quality of the videos atm, include more filming from outside, capture some in cab footage, different angles, and more of the social banter round the camp to make them more of a proper film rather than just a record of the trip.

got a bunch of new camera gear and pro editing software :dance:

Cheers Clive:cool:

I'm on a bit of a mission to imporve the quality of the videos atm, include more filming from outside, capture some in cab footage, different angles, and more of the social banter round the camp to make them more of a proper film rather than just a record of the trip.

got a bunch of new camera gear and pro editing software :dance:

I'm not sure I could manage "Pro Editing software" it takes a lot of use and practice in order to get good results, or rather any result at all, in my case.

By chance, can you advise of any semi-pro or armature type of video editing software, sufficient for cropping and splicing, with some fade/other links between clips/shots?

I'm certainly no IT boff, but I'm sure I could manage a more simple package. I don't mind buying, but I'm reluctant to purchase something that requires full-time use just to learn how to operate it.

As a PS, I used to use the free Microsoft Movie-Maker software with limited success, but I've just had the Windows 10 platform installed on my laptop and Movie-Maker is no longer in the package.

The Devon vids were done in Movie Maker on windows 10, you can still download it and add it to win10 e.g. here

I tried to find a decent editor when I reached the limits of MM - the sound editing is so limited it's useless for my needs now, I need multiple channels and ability to do picture in picture. I wasted a few days on "free" stuff which all turned out to be free trials that ran out, I almost bought some software it was getting that bad, after looking at a bunch of paid software I was just about to buy Power Director, then I found DaVinchi Resolve pro software for free, agree it is a steep learning curve, but there are loads of free tutorials on youtube and elsewhere to get you going.

Evenyone seems to recomend Blender as a free open-source vid editor, I couldn't get on with it at all, very steep learning curve, lots of tools you don't need as it's more of a 3D rendering thing than a vid editor.

Last edited:
The Devon vids were done in Movie Maker on windows 10, you can still download it and add it to win10 e.g. here

I tried to find a decent editor when I reached the limits of MM - the sound editing is so limited it's useless for my needs now, I need multiple channels and ability to do picture in picture. I wasted a few days on "free" stuff which all turned out to be free trials that ran out, I almost bought some software it was getting that bad, after looking at a bunch of paid software I was just about to buy Power Director, then I found DaVinchi Resolve pro software for free, agree it is a steep learning curve, but there are loads of free tutorials on youtube and elsewhere to get you going.

Evenyone seems to recomend Blender as a free open-source vid editor, I couldn't get on with it at all, very steep learning curve, lots of tools you don't need as it's more of a 3D rendering thing than a vid editor.

Thanks!

Most helpful Pete, not only on what's available but what to steer clear of :icon-biggrin:

I'll probably start with MM because I do have some limited experience of it, then progress as appropriate.

Thanks again for your time. :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back