Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Diesel Bug Treatment

Lexie

Country Flag
great_britain
As above any tryed and tested diesel bug additives you can advise. Not injector cleaners.

Thanks.

As above any tryed and tested diesel bug additives you can advise. Not injector cleaners.

Thanks.

I use this:

HYDRA FUELPLUS BIOCIDE 1L Diesel Bug Treatment

Works well for me. Normally buy it off Amazon.

How do you think your truck has got contaminated Lexie? I mean, has it been left or had anything out of the ordinary? Biodiesel perhaps? Just curious as I've had a vibration in my engine for a while and wonder if some of this might help.

How do you think your truck has got contaminated Lexie? I mean, has it been left or had anything out of the ordinary? Biodiesel perhaps? Just curious as I've had a vibration in my engine for a while and wonder if some of this might help.

Well to cut a long story short both trucks have lay parked up for too long. Navy truck 3 years and silver truck was on the road but not often enuf. Both belonged to my father who has since passed away. Its defo diesel bug in my case.

In your case 1st thing id do is get the seats out and remove lift pipe see what the filter is like and tank.

I may well do that Lexie, thanks. I had been holding off as it goes like a train when off idle. Just above idle is shere the problem really shows. I won't threadjack as I've got a thread going on this issue. Haven't found the cause so haven't been on it for a while.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Defo a well spent hour goin in there and cleaning all if need be. If you look my preivous posts ull see pictures of my tank and lift pipe filter

There is a filter inside the injector pump and also filters in each injector. Designed as it should be to isolate the separate components in case contamination gets in not just through the tank filler but also by work done on the car, EG changing the main paper filter could cause contaminants to get in to the pump.

There is a filter inside the injector pump and also filters in each injector. Designed as it should be to isolate the separate components in case contamination gets in not just through the tank filler but also by work done on the car, EG changing the main paper filter could cause contaminants to get in to the pump.

Yeah am aware of that but gona try a shot of this stuff 1st before dropping her off to the mechcanic

Back