Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

dipping mirrors

glynoo

Country Flag
great_britain
hi chaps
can anybody tell me if my 65 plate invincible
has the dipping mirror function when i put the car into reverse the handbook says the nearside mirror should dip but I've tried all sorts and can't get it to dip
thanks glynoo

Not sure about on the 150 series but on other cars, for example BMWs that have this function, you have to have the mirror adjustment selected to that side to enable this function - i.e. select nearside mirror adjustment and select reverse, the nearside mirror dips. Select offside mirror adjustment and select reverse, the nearside mirror doesn't dip.

A bit of trial and error - I'm sure you'll get it sorted. :thumbup: (Provided you actually have that feature!)

P.S. BMWs have had this feature since the 1980s :icon-rolleyes:

My 16 plate does not.

Why you worried though? You can't curb the wheels:icon-biggrin:
Park-by-feel

I'm not sure about the 65 plate, my 64 plate doesn't have it but then you have an invincible with the cameras under the mirrors so not really of any use when you could just use the cameras and as @Crispin said, you can't curb the wheels, believe me I've tried a few times :lol:

but isn't the white cliffs of Dover soft so it should crumble before leaving a mark? :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I'm not sure about the 65 plate, my 64 plate doesn't have it but then you have an invincible with the cameras under the mirrors so not really of any use when you could just use the cameras and as @Crispin said, you can't curb the wheels, believe me I've tried a few times :lol:
the cameras don't work in reverse that's why i asked the question

When in reverse and the rear camera is on what happens when you press the tea cup button (my kids renamed the button to a tea cup)? It should switch between the reverse camera and the mirror cameras.

When in reverse and the rear camera is on what happens when you press the tea cup button (my kids renamed the button to a tea cup)? It should switch between the reverse camera and the mirror cameras.
Yes, it changes the camera view, so this should work.

hi chaps
can anybody tell me if my 65 plate invincible
has the dipping mirror function when i put the car into reverse the handbook says the nearside mirror should dip but I've tried all sorts and can't get it to dip
thanks glynoo

Don't do it !! My skyline dips both mirrors when you select "R"
It's a complete pain in the A$$. If you reverse in a space you're already in and go to pull out into traffic, you have to wait for the mirror to come up again and the gap is gone.
It might be different for you cos my mirrors are tiny, but it's a PITA function I wish i could disable.

Back