Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Direct 4x4 - excellent service

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
I ordered a new awning for the trailer this week. The 1800 one won't fit the ARB awning room I have. I paid only £5 for guaranteed next day delivery. It arrived but the courier looked a bit glum. He showed me that somehow the packaging had been bust open and the awning cover was badly scuffed and ripped. I rejected the delivery and rang Direct 4x4. They said that another would be with me same time tomorrow and it was. I wasn't in so someone else had to be in to sign for it.

When I got home, I thought, hmm, that looks awful long to me. I mean really long. I had a look inside to see if there was some end packaging in there. Nope. Now the reason I didn't see that the first one was so long was because it never came off the van but this time, things didn't look good. I wanted a 2500 x 2000 awning but failed to realise that there was also a 2000 x 2500 version. In other words long and short sided versions.

Damn. I ordered the wrong one. I'd looked at the right diagram and ordered the wrong part. I contacted Direct 4x4 immediately and it simply wasn't a problem, other than they didn't have any of the right ones in stock.

However, they promised to go and have a poke about just in case. Ben duly rang me back to say actually not only had they found one, but they'd found three! Seeing as they are only 31 minutes from me, I chucked the wrong one in the car and zipped off to see them. All swapped and a tour of the showroom to boot. They have some very very nice drawer systems in. Not sure if there is a set for the 80 but there really needs to be.

Excellent service, some nice gear and an engaged and interested team.

What was the build quality like on the drawers Chris? Saw them on eblag fir like £600 and thought about getting them and making sides to suit the 80. They are for discos.

Looking forward to pictures of the awning. What's the material like? Same as your 1.8m One?

Can't say really Stu as I have no idea what it was you were looking at. The ones I had a play with today were very like African Outback in their build and very slick indeed. They even had built in tie down rings in the top decks. These were in a Hilux. Awning is spot on. Nice heavy duty material. Pics on Trailer build thread.

Back