Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Discontinued Parts

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
Im finding more and more discontinued cruiser parts. i understand they wont make parts forever but....

Last edited:
i found that when i wanted a new rear upper control arm

Toyota are terrible at supporting their older vehicles. One of the worst I reckon.

Still available...
not from mr T or amayama

Hi, Nick Thomas!

You just received the message from Amayama Trading Co. Ltd.:

Hello,

Part #4871060030 has been cancelled from order #11084353 as the part is out of production and no longer available.

Would you like to have the order cancelled completely?

Regards,

Amayama Sales Support

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I suppose one day we will be grateful of the Cheap after market Made in China Goodies... It will be the Only way to keep the Old Girls going:thumbup:.... 80 Series Land Cruiser. " Proudly Re built, With Non Genuine Parts"

.... 80 Series Land Cruiser. " Proudly Re built, With Non Genuine Parts"

"Proudly rebuilt with genuine S/H parts" might be more to the point. There will be a good supply of S/H parts for years to come.

"Proudly rebuilt with genuine S/H parts" might be more to the point. There will be a good supply of S/H parts for years to come.
Agree Andy. But if they keep getting Broken up at the Rate they are. There will be nothing left for the broken Ones to do... Just sit there at the Breakers.. 'Broken' .. So to speak.. I admit its a long way off yet...

I suppose one day we will be grateful of the Cheap after market Made in China Goodies... It will be the Only way to keep the Old Girls going:thumbup:.... 80 Series Land Cruiser. " Proudly Re built, With Non Genuine Parts"

This is true Higgy. some parts arnt made after market. An example lockers. Although lockers are still available at the min.

Agree Andy. But if they keep getting Broken up at the Rate they are. There will be nothing left for the broken Ones to do... Just sit there at the Breakers.. 'Broken' .. So to speak.. I admit its a long way off yet...

This is a sad fact really Higgy, back in 2008 I was watching many youtube vids of 60 series off road and I just had to get one! On a budget it meant that I had to buy a part broken one and try to make one with parts from another mot failure! Lack of new parts was a problem too.

Fast forward to 2030 say and a guy is watching 80 series vids and is desperately looking for one... but some f'er has broken them all to bits! So there wount be an opportunity for the fella, except to buy separate parts to build one up!

I'm dead against good trucks being prematurely broken up to make a living! It really makes me furious!

Iv noticed while rebuilding my 1990 12v 80 certain parts are not available via Rough Trax or Milner... They can get them but they are genuine Toyota..Because its pre 1992. 1992 onwards seems ok.... wonder if this a start of a trend for the very early 80s...Only small things i admit like front anti rollbar D bushes... Post 1992 the bar is 29mm... Pre 92 its 25mm ish Rough trax dont do them as an after market product.... I was surprised at the subtle differences between pre and post 1992.... Learning curve and all that....:thumbup: Isuppose one day we will be able to get second hand, used, Non genuine, used parts, refurbed in China... God help us!

Apology for the inappropriate posting above..

There’s less incentive than ever now for manufacturers to keep old vehicles supported. They’re preoccupied with the unstoppable move to electric power and the ££££££££ they’re going to make from it. JMO

Back