Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

DIY Drawer System - Gonna have a go.

Hang on Ben - final pics are being uploaded now - just writing the post :lol:

Nothing stops them coming out all the way any more... luck maybe? :lol: It's one of the few things I've yet to do. Got some ideas - just waiting for the time to do it.

The wings in action...

P1010278.jpg

You can see the glue stain in that one :thumbdown:

P1010279.jpg

P1010296.jpg

Still need trimming and the brackets aren't strong enough - but the hinges are working perfectly :thumbup:

So all that remains for today's little collection of posts is some shameless showing off :lol:

P1010286.jpg

P1010287.jpg

P1010288.jpg

P1010289.jpg

P1010290.jpg

P1010291.jpg

P1010292.jpg

P1010304.jpg

P1010284.jpg

P1010281.jpg

P1010280.jpg

P1010277.jpg

P1010276.jpg

Cheers Ben... still got stuff to do... like some little side panels, dividers in the drawers, a stoppy thing to stop them falling out, trimming the carpet, tidying up the carpet corners, making a little box around the back of the handles to stop stuff getting caught etc etc etc etc...

But for now... they work! I must say I'm pretty surprised considering how the whole affair started - but I'm pretty pleased. Especially with how well they close and click shut. And... they're actually quite straight :lol:

Thank you to everyone that's chipped in... so far so good :dance:

... and sorry for the self indulgent posts - I'm just like a kid in a sweet shop... WITH MONEY :lol:

You've done a great job there Sam, the drawers look very smart indeed :thumbup: Has the build taken a lot of time?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Did they take a long time? :shock: :lol:

Yes. Started in January.

In reality though, I've had very little time to actually work on them.. and I [strike:3pne2btv]fuc[/strike:3pne2btv] erm... [strike:3pne2btv]made so many mistakes[/strike:3pne2btv] had so much to learn along the way that it took a bit longer.

If I started again I reckon I could zip through them pretty quickly... now that I know what I'm doing. If you look at Ben's as an example, he did his in about 7 minutes... but then he did only have one quick break to rebuild his truck from scratch and fashion a "pig" from a gas can :lol:

Looks top draw...... :dance:

Out of interest what do you think it weighs all in? Not loaded but just bare bones.

Very nice result Sam - well done!!

I'll send you specifications for mine soon :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam said:
Did they take a long time? :shock: :lol:

Yes. Started in January.

In reality though, I've had very little time to actually work on them.. and I [strike:1v3k850b]fuc[/strike:1v3k850b] erm... [strike:1v3k850b]made so many mistakes[/strike:1v3k850b] had so much to learn along the way that it took a bit longer.

If I started again I reckon I could zip through them pretty quickly... now that I know what I'm doing. If you look at Ben's as an example, he did his in about 7 minutes... but then he did only have one quick break to rebuild his truck from scratch and fashion a "pig" from a gas can :lol:

:lol:

does look good Sam. :clap:

you never answered my question though! :snooty:

you coming Lincomb? :cool:

warrenpfo said:
Out of interest what do you think it weighs all in? Not loaded but just bare bones.
Ah good point - I did say I was going to weigh it all... really wanted to as well. :roll: ... Well I'm pretty sure it will all have to come out again soon to tweak something or other so I'll chuck it on the scales then and keep you posted :thumbup:

ben said:
you never answered my question...
Lincomb.... thought about it a lot -looks like it would be a lot of fun - but I really don't think I'm going to find the time with work and getting ready for the summer trip - just running out of weekends :thumbdown:

Hopefully I'll get somewhere at sometime though :thumbup:

----

Got a rattle by the way... grrrr! ... it's only a little one and pretty sure it's not stuff inside the drawer - so [strike:5ylynul0]gonna chuck SWMBO in the back[/strike:5ylynul0] going to ask SWMBO if she'd mind sitting in the back and directing an ear over the seats to track it down.

They'll be no rattles in this unit thank you :naughty: :lol:

Rattle found - it was stuff inside the drawer :lol:

Thanks Sam... I think I've found what I'm going to be doing for the next couple of months for the 4Runner... Already been off and bugged one metal supplier, but will now try to find an electrical supplier... think that'll be a run down to Tamworth though...

And I need to get it passed by the bank manager...

And nearly 12months later exactly (one rebuilt engine later) I'm back looking at drawer solutions! One I'm going to get them sorted... there is going to be a big long rambling post coming soon in another thread!

I love the cable tray idea. I think I'll do that for my removable system.

What do the handles go as? What ever searches i do on eBay/amazon I just can't find anything similar.

Back