1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY Drawer System - Gonna have a go.

Sam Jan 12, 2012

1. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Map
    Hang on Ben - final pics are being uploaded now - just writing the post :lol:

Nothing stops them coming out all the way any more... luck maybe? :lol: It's one of the few things I've yet to do. Got some ideas - just waiting for the time to do it.

2. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Map
    The wings in action...

P1010278.jpg

You can see the glue stain in that one :thumbdown:

P1010279.jpg

P1010296.jpg

Still need trimming and the brackets aren't strong enough - but the hinges are working perfectly :thumbup:

3. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Map
    So all that remains for today's little collection of posts is some shameless showing off :lol:

P1010286.jpg

P1010287.jpg

P1010288.jpg

P1010289.jpg

P1010290.jpg

P1010291.jpg

P1010292.jpg

P1010304.jpg

P1010284.jpg

P1010281.jpg

P1010280.jpg

P1010277.jpg

P1010276.jpg

4. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member Guru I am in australia

Map
    top work! :clap:

5. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Map
    Cheers Ben... still got stuff to do... like some little side panels, dividers in the drawers, a stoppy thing to stop them falling out, trimming the carpet, tidying up the carpet corners, making a little box around the back of the handles to stop stuff getting caught etc etc etc etc...

But for now... they work! I must say I'm pretty surprised considering how the whole affair started - but I'm pretty pleased. Especially with how well they close and click shut. And... they're actually quite straight :lol:

Thank you to everyone that's chipped in... so far so good :dance:

... and sorry for the self indulgent posts - I'm just like a kid in a sweet shop... WITH MONEY :lol:

6. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Map
    You've done a great job there Sam, the drawers look very smart indeed :thumbup: Has the build taken a lot of time?

7. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Map
    Did they take a long time? :shock: :lol:

Yes. Started in January.

In reality though, I've had very little time to actually work on them.. and I [strike:3pne2btv]fuc[/strike:3pne2btv] erm... [strike:3pne2btv]made so many mistakes[/strike:3pne2btv] had so much to learn along the way that it took a bit longer.

If I started again I reckon I could zip through them pretty quickly... now that I know what I'm doing. If you look at Ben's as an example, he did his in about 7 minutes... but then he did only have one quick break to rebuild his truck from scratch and fashion a "pig" from a gas can :lol:

8. warrenpfo

warrenpfo Well-Known Member

Map
    Looks top draw...... :dance:

Out of interest what do you think it weighs all in? Not loaded but just bare bones.

9. karl webster

karl webster Land Cruiser Club sponsor Promoted Company Land Cruiser Club Promoted Company

Map
    nice work sam :thumbup:

karl

10. Gary Stockton

Gary Stockton Super Moderator Supporter I am in zimbabwe

Garage:
    Map
    Very nice result Sam - well done!!

I'll send you specifications for mine soon :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Ben

Ben Well-Known Member Guru I am in australia

Map
    :lol:

does look good Sam. :clap:

you never answered my question though! :snooty:

you coming Lincomb? :cool:

12. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Map
    Ah good point - I did say I was going to weigh it all... really wanted to as well. :roll: ... Well I'm pretty sure it will all have to come out again soon to tweak something or other so I'll chuck it on the scales then and keep you posted :thumbup:

Lincomb.... thought about it a lot -looks like it would be a lot of fun - but I really don't think I'm going to find the time with work and getting ready for the summer trip - just running out of weekends :thumbdown:

Hopefully I'll get somewhere at sometime though :thumbup:

----

Got a rattle by the way... grrrr! ... it's only a little one and pretty sure it's not stuff inside the drawer - so [strike:5ylynul0]gonna chuck SWMBO in the back[/strike:5ylynul0] going to ask SWMBO if she'd mind sitting in the back and directing an ear over the seats to track it down.

They'll be no rattles in this unit thank you :naughty: :lol:

13. Sam

Sam Well-Known Member

Garage:
    Map
    Rattle found - it was stuff inside the drawer :lol:

14. Gav Peter

Gav Peter Well-Known Member I am in england

Map
    C'mon Sam, get yerself along to Lincomb dude :cool:

15. Paddler Ed

Paddler Ed Well-Known Member I am in australia

Garage:
    Map
    Thanks Sam... I think I've found what I'm going to be doing for the next couple of months for the 4Runner... Already been off and bugged one metal supplier, but will now try to find an electrical supplier... think that'll be a run down to Tamworth though...

And I need to get it passed by the bank manager...

16. Paddler Ed

Paddler Ed Well-Known Member I am in australia

Garage:
    Map
    And nearly 12months later exactly (one rebuilt engine later) I'm back looking at drawer solutions! One I'm going to get them sorted... there is going to be a big long rambling post coming soon in another thread!

17. khorrassany

khorrassany New Member

Map
    Very neat and clean, good work

18. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Well-Known Member I am in wales

Map
    Lovely job. How is it holding up?

19. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Well-Known Member I am in wales

Map
    I love the cable tray idea. I think I'll do that for my removable system.

20. Karlosfandango

Karlosfandango New Member I am in uk

Map
    What do the handles go as? What ever searches i do on eBay/amazon I just can't find anything similar.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter