Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

DIY Fridge slide

AndyCook

Garage
Country Flag
scotland
I wanted a Fridge slide for my new Waeco fridge/freezer in boot.
I looked around on the web and ebay, however, the yorkshire blood in me couldnt accept splashing out £150+ for a waeco one on ebay !
( RRP of the Waeco ones is over £200)

So instead I bought a pair of 700m fully extendable drawer sliders with over 40kg rating, for £25 and used bits of angle iron and angle aluminium and some treadplate i had in workshop. and a couple of drawer handles i also had kicking around, to use as tie-down points

One cup of tea later and they are nearly done.

Just letting the paint try on the angleiron base-plates before I install it in boot.

slide1.jpg

slide2.jpg

slide3.jpg

slide4.jpg

Well done Andy, :thumbup: that's what I would call a very neat job. You've given me ideas now, I've taken a rear seat out to fit my Engel and that would work for me to slide the fridge out sideways.

excellent Andy

any chance 0n letting us knoe where runners come from

Those are the runners I use as well. The front disconnect is handy for easy removal and refitting of drawers :thumbup:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
one final thing i need to fit is a locking catch system... so fridge slide doesn't open out when parked facing up a hill...

the removable catch is great on my boot drawers - you can take the whole drawer out easily when needed

cheers matey they look like just what I am after for my drawer set up

Hi Andy
Have been looking at your fridge slider setup looks great.
How is it holding up and would you have done anything different.
Have the 45kg runners been enough?
Any advice would be much apriciated cheers.

Hi, not sure, it don't have the slide or vehicle anymore.
But I know the vehicle is still be used for overland travel, David sent me photo of it with new RTT recently

But I can say the 45kg runners were fine and no issues even with loaded fridge and driving on very corrugated pistes in the Morocco deserts :)

Pretty much the same runners I'm using on my diy slide, working good for me even with a fully loaded fridge.

Hi, not sure, it don't have the slide or vehicle anymore.
But I know the vehicle is still be used for overland travel, David sent me photo of it with new RTT recently

But I can say the 45kg runners were fine and no issues even with loaded fridge and driving on very corrugated pistes in the Morocco deserts :)
Thanks for that, always nice to get some inside information cheers

Awesome! Im inspired to build my own now after seeing this. How did you fix the checker plate onto the slides ?

I think I used lengths of angle steel or aluminium, then bolted and riveted the plate to that

Back