Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Do you recognise this alloy wheel pattern?

diggerdave

My Colorado came with what I thought was a standard pattern alloy wheel, which I immediately replaced with some black steel wheels and they've been gathering dust and bird poo ever since in the back garden so I want rid of them

Since then, I've noticed that my wheels are different from every other Colorado. Does anyone recognise them? Are they special edition wheels? Are they from a different Toyota?

DSCF9569.jpg

What width are they, have they got the centre caps as well? I'd have those painted black on the D4D and release the 80 series wheels which I am a set short of.

What width are they, have they got the centre caps as well? I'd have those painted black on the D4D and release the 80 series wheels which I am a set short of.

They're 8" wide. One centre cap only and that's past its best

They ARE grubby but I can't see any obvious signs of danage or corrosion

I was going to clean 'em up and Ebay them once I know what they're from originally (but happy to accept offers from club members)

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Since my first post I've had a look at the back of the wheels (why didn't I think of that before?) and they're stamped 'Toyota' and '7Jx16H2'. I've also found them on one of the Colorados currently on Ebay so I'm certain thatt they're OEM, just a rare pattern

I was going to say they look like Mercedes Monoblock VI wheels but clearly not.

From memory they were only fitted to SWB models but I may be wrong on that.

From memory they were only fitted to SWB models but I may be wrong on that.

I think that's probably right Andy, certainly I've only ever seen them on two vehicles, both 90s.

They are the third design shown in the parts catalogue. They are shown as being made by three different manufacturers but mine aren't by any of the three shown. Instead they're made by OZ (as in the famous Italian manufacturer) according to a stamp on the back

wheels.png

Hi All

I have them on my K2 swb 90.
I think they were fitted standard to the K2 spec.
They have taper nuts , which cause the alloys to deform, caused by over tightening or incorrect nuts.
Mine are a bit deformed....
Are they still available?

Regards
Andy

Last edited:
Hi All

I have them on my K2 swb 90.
I think they were fitted standard to the K2 spec.
They have taper nuts , which cause the alloys to deform, caused by over tightening or incorrect nuts.
Mine are a bit deformed....
Are they still available?

Regards
Andy

Hi Andy, I'm having them delivered at the weekend but if they don't work out I'll give you first dibs on them.
Best I can do I'm afraid.

Thanks Mate, that's great.

When you get them, have a look on the inner bore to see if they have deformed inwards.
Mine have and it causes the wheels to lock onto the hubs and become very difficult to remove.
I buffed mine with a flap wheel which improved matters.

Regards
Andy

If its practical I might have the stud holes bored out to the "spigot" type nuts to overcome that said problem.

Back