Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Door open warning light stays on.

Guy Amedee

Country Flag
australia
100 series landcruiser TD Auto. Door open light stays on with doors closed. Goes off when handbrake released. Any ideas on fault?

Hi Guy and Welcome.

What door does this?
Does an interior light stay on with the dash light?
Does the light come back on when the handbrake is reapplied?
Have you had a leaking windscreen?

Reactions: uHu
100 series landcruiser TD Auto. Door open light stays on with doors closed. Goes off when handbrake released. Any ideas on fault?

Hi, mine stays on in my 80, what I do is put a sticky felt pad on the door where the micro switch touches, it pushes it in a tad further, then off goes the light, easy to check if it is this, and cheap to remedy if it is, best regards, Bill Westley

Hi, mine stays on in my 80, what I do is put a sticky felt pad on the door where the micro switch touches, it pushes it in a tad further, then off goes the light, easy to check if it is this, and cheap to remedy if it is, best regards, Bill Westley
Yes Bill, mine has done this and I’ve done similar. Looking at the fit of my door it may need adjustment on the striker hoop but what bothers me about the OP’s issue is the link with the handbrake, just trying to fathom if it’s really a link or a red herring.

My interior light would flash as the drivers door moved. As I’ve got LEDs in the interior lights that are pretty bright, I thought I was getting flashed by speed cameras or something until I realised it was the door switch.

Yes Bill, mine has done this and I’ve done similar. Looking at the fit of my door it may need adjustment on the striker hoop but what bothers me about the OP’s issue is the link with the handbrake, just trying to fathom if it’s really a link or a red herring.

My interior light would flash as the drivers door moved. As I’ve got LEDs in the interior lights that are pretty bright, I thought I was getting flashed by speed cameras or something until I realised it was the door switch.

Snap!!! Mine did the same, it don’t now thiough!

:text-+1: I've done the same with my door light switch.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I’m going to have a go at adjusting the lock striker and report back. Should solve it though I have no idea how the lock could move orcwear sufficiently to cause it. Guess I’ll find out.

I tore my 90 apart trying to figure out why i had a seat belt warning light on my dash . I know now it was a worn clockspring causing it .

Hey Guy,
I have exactly the same issue with my 105 (including the handbrake component) did you get to the bottom of it?

Back