Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Double din thingymajig ?

I share your frustration, Shayne. No interest in or knowledge of these things. I’ve had a look around but until something revolutionary comes along I’ll stick with my current in-car entertainment setup: a 4” iPhone, a CD changer full of Depeche Mode and a factory radio that only seems to pick up Smooth and Classic FM. My only gadget is a dodgy Bluetooth cassette adapter so I can play Spotify from my phone on long journeys.

Another thing about double-DINs: where do you keep your sunglasses?

Halfrauds stock quite a few if you need to physically look at them.
Or, you can spend half a day soldering and sleeving up a loom on the coffee table like I did... :doh:

I have an Eonon that does everything you are asking, in my colorado the double din required a little filing to fit, other than that was plug and play.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Halfords stock an adapter as that's where I got mine from, wasn't cheap but I wanted it there and then, plus you can take it out to the car and make sure it fits.

I'm only hesitating now because it would make life so much easier if they could install uk and european maps in it for me .

Does anyone know if the sd card from my garmin satnav work in it ?

Do you mean the sd card or the Garmin maps on the sd card?

I use view ranger app on the head unit. That syncs the OS map tiles you own on your account.

Do you mean the sd card or the Garmin maps on the sd card?

Yes , the reason my satnav failed on the Romania trip is the most recent update requires an sd card to make it fit , so im assuming the maps are all now on the card i bought so i could install maps for the return journey .

And Danny , can you say that in English :crazy: :?

Question , description offers 6.2 screen but can you please tell me the full dimensions of the unit .

Answer , 178.14*103.12mm

Would someone like to try translate that for me ?

That's what i'm thinking Nick but jeez whatever happened to and inch and a smidgen for precision :character-oldtimer:

Ok, I've just gone up in the loft and dug out the one that was in the truck when I got it.
Smidge u der 18cm wide, 6 inch screen,16.5 deepend 10 high.
20191204_170529.jpg
20191204_170626.jpg
20191204_170606.jpg
20191204_170548.jpg

so 17.8 by 10.smidge sounds about right

and yes, that tea towel needs a wash!

Cheers big ears i got a big hammer so it will fit and don't wash the tea towel that way you can soak it in boiling water when you run out of tea bags .

0945F8CF-0AEE-4B57-B782-DC7FD1605849.jpeg

Well I got one and now I’m wondering if I can trust a garage to fit it tidy or shall I fit it myself and then take it to the garage coz I messed the wiring up :think:

You need a Toyota to iso wiring harnesses get one from Halfords as you can test it and take it back if it’s the wrong one, literally just plug it in kind of fitting.

Back