Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

DPF issues.

StevieB

Country Flag
australia
Hi Guys, have a December 2012 200 series GXL, black soot in the tail pipe, 12.5lts/ 100km, light white/grey smoke under hard acceleration, from what I've read probably a clog PDF.
Anyone know the remedy/ cure.

Hi Guys, I think I have just answered my previous question to some degree, my model doesn't have a DPF, probably a good thing, doesn't explain the soot extra, the previous owner told me he picked up a bad load of fuel outback somewhere, maybe this the cause of the problem. Any thoughts much appreciated.

Yep, once since I've owned it, you would think it was changed at least once after the bad fuel. I'm thinking dirty injectors maybe.

Maybe it's not working properly, and you need to fix it.

The signs you mentioned indicate that you just have a clogged DPF and need to clean it. Suppose you are confident and have had experience working with car parts. In that case, you can clean it yourself with the help of tutorials from YouTube. Of course, I wouldn't do that in your place. There are also special services that clean the DPF, and you can pay for them, and they will do everything for you in less than an hour, and the prices of such services are very small for such services. For example, I regularly def filter freightliner and pay a maximum of a couple of hundred bucks. I do the DPF cleaning procedure once every 3-6 months.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Add snake oil fuel/injector cleaner and then drive it like you stole it for a bit .

Back